Custom widgets: feature walkthrough

Hey there, i am trying to create my first widgets. Actually I know how to display an items-value, and how to display a string: {{itemValue(config.id1)}}.

But how could i display a choosen Icon?

{{itemValue(config.id1)}} gives me just the string of the choosen Icon but the icon is not displayed.

Could you give me a hint ?

Greetings, Dominic

no one?

is there anywhere a list of all possible “tags” like {{itemValue(config.id1)}} that could be used?

1 Like

@sihui

Thanks for replying - that could be a really interesting ressource.

Perhaps i am just blind or too stupid to understand but i did not find an answer to my original question how to display an Icon that is choosen via the settings dialog. Could you help me again?

Sorry, have no idea :joy:

I guess you can find a solution in

Hi !

I think it’s not as easy as it could (should?) be.

What do you want to do? Maybe there is another solution.

Here is an example of workaround I used :

<div>
  <div ng-if="itemValue(config.my_item_display_temp)<20">
    <widget-icon iconset="'eclipse-smarthome-classic'" icon="'temperature_cold'"/>
  </div>
  <div ng-if="itemValue(config.my_item_display_temp)>20 && itemValue(config.my_item_display_temp)<22"> 
    <widget-icon iconset="'eclipse-smarthome-classic'" icon="'temperature'"/>
  </div>
  <div ng-if="itemValue(config.my_item_display_temp)>22">
    <widget-icon iconset="'eclipse-smarthome-classic'" icon="'temperature_hot'"/>
  </div>
  <div>
    <span ng-if="itemValue(config.my_item_display_temp)!='NULL'" style="color: cyan; font-size: 28pt">{{'%.1f °C' | sprintf:itemValue(config.my_item_display_temp)}}</span>
  </div>
</div>

@scantineau : Thanks this workaround helps.

But it is a workaround. What i want to do is the following:

I want to create a Widget in which i could choose an Icon from an iconset. I want to reuse this widget lot of times - so the icon has to be generic choosable. In the settings i could create an “icon-variable” and then could choose the Icon - but instead of the icon only the text/Name of the icon is displayed.

Could you show us your widget-icon code ?

sure, here it is in an early basic version:

box.widget.json (911 Bytes)

There is no widget-icon in your code so I cannot help you about “but instead of the icon only the text/Name of the icon is displayed”

How do i import a widget json in stable 2.2?

/Mike

When editing a page click on the “add widget” drop down menu and on the bottom half is the ‘custom widget’ area with a little cog icon which you can click to take you here:

https://<openHAB-IP>:8443/habpanel/index.html#/settings/widgets

Bottom left you should see an Import widget button that will do what you require.

Hi

I guess I’m a little bit lost here. I want to display different Strings from config parameters depending on the state of an item, like:

{{itemValue(config.switch_item)=='ON' ? {config.color_on} : (config.color_off)}}

But this doesn’t work at all, so I assume the syntax is not right. How do I do this right?

In the above example I set alternating CSS background-colors depending on the state of the item (eg. a green button for ON and red button for OFF).

I have a problem with a item from widget settings. its defined as item with the ID “temperature_item”.
I tried something, but i dont get the item inside an ng-init for a knob working. But what works is a openhab item. here the code for the “item” from widget settings item

<div ng-init='temp2={"name": "°C",
                "sizeX": 1,
                "sizeY": 1,
                "fontSize": 40,
                "textColor": "#FFFFFF", 
                "item": "config.set_temperature_item),

and here the code for “item” with the openhab-item wich is working.

"item": "EG_WZ2_WTT_HZF1_temp",

Is it possible to reuse a custom widget in another custom widget or a template?
Something like:

<my-custom-widget ...></my-custom-widget>

Ah yeah, found a solution. Created a custom directive, that worked just fine :slight_smile:

Great, and would you be so kind to publish your solution / code?

Sure thing, well, I created a custom javascript file, let’s call it
my-directive.js and put the directive into it, something like this:

angular
    .directive('myDirective', function() {
		return {
			restrict: 'E',
			scope: {
				ctrl: '='
			 },			
			templateUrl: '/static/my-theme/my-directive.html',
			controller: ['$controller', '$scope', function($controller, $scope) {
				var myCtrl = $scope.ctrl;
				return myCtrl;
			}],
			controllerAs: 'myCtrl',			
		};
	});

Then I loaded the js with oc-lazy-load and could already use it:

<div oc-lazy-load="['/static/my-theme/my-directive.js']">
	<my-directive></my-directive>
</div>

The code for your custom widget has to be put into: my-directive.html

That’s it, works fine for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can somebody provide simple how-to for developing more complicated custom widgets using “oc-lazy-load” for people, unfamiliar with Angular? And what Angular version used in latest OpenHAB 2?

For example I want to make widget, that support calls via JsSIP. I know how to do it in vanilla js/html, but Angular for me is a dark forest. And all I need is some variables with binding to UI, functions called by clicking on button and JsSIP callbacks support. I haven’t time to learn all Angular only for this. Simple doc will be very useful for people like me and brought a lot of new widgets to gallery.

1 Like