Custom widgets: feature walkthrough

Ah yes, this was introduced after the 2.0.0 release:

If you have a version older than 31 Jan, those are not available.

Indeed I have a 2.0.0 version…

Thanks for your answers :slight_smile:

No probs - we have an icon option:

which allows you to configure an icon for the template - be great if we could have a background image like the pipe in this button for templates

1 Like

<widget-icon> actually has a backdrop boolean attribute which will set up the correct CSS classes for you :slight_smile:
So you simply configure an regular Icon setting, give it a name e.g. ‘backdrop’ then:

<widget-icon iconset="config.backdrop_iconset" icon="config.backdrop"
             backdrop="true" center="true"></widget-icon>
<div>
	<h2>Hi!</h2>
  <p>This should go over the backdrop</p>
</div>

Will render as:

1 Like

Something I discovered and Like to share with you.

• The display name of your widget is stored in {{ngModel.name}}
  • You can define your own variables by assigning them to ngModel.“VarName”

During the assignment the value is returned!

A line like {{ngModel.icon_size=10+100}} would display as 110

You can reference to it with {{ngModel.icon_size}}

Example:

style="z-index: 10;
            position: absolute;
            top:  calc(50% - {{(ngModel.icon_size=(ngModel.sizeY>ngModel.sizeX?ngModel.sizeX:ngModel.sizeY)*(config.icon_size?config.icon_size:64))/2}}px);
            left: calc(50% - {{ngModel.icon_size/2}}px);
            ">
<widget-icon  iconset="config.iconset?config.iconset:'freepik-household'"
              icon="config.icon?config.icon:'door'" 
              title="{{itemValue(config.sensor)}}"
      	      state="itemValue(config.sensor).toLowerCase()!='closed'?'ON':'OFF'"
              ng-class="{'icon-tile-backdrop': itemValue(config.sensor).toLowerCase()=='unknown'}"
              size="ngModel.icon_size"
              />

To suppress the output of your value you can hide it within an inline style comment:

Example:

<style type="text/css">
 /*
My Value:     {{ngModel.icon_size=itemValue('config.item') *100}}
  */
</style>

My Widget name: {{ngModel.name}}
My IconSize: {{ngModel.icon_size}}

Hey there, i am trying to create my first widgets. Actually I know how to display an items-value, and how to display a string: {{itemValue(config.id1)}}.

But how could i display a choosen Icon?

{{itemValue(config.id1)}} gives me just the string of the choosen Icon but the icon is not displayed.

Could you give me a hint ?

Greetings, Dominic

no one?

is there anywhere a list of all possible “tags” like {{itemValue(config.id1)}} that could be used?

1 Like

@sihui

Thanks for replying - that could be a really interesting ressource.

Perhaps i am just blind or too stupid to understand but i did not find an answer to my original question how to display an Icon that is choosen via the settings dialog. Could you help me again?

Sorry, have no idea :joy:

I guess you can find a solution in

Hi !

I think it’s not as easy as it could (should?) be.

What do you want to do? Maybe there is another solution.

Here is an example of workaround I used :

<div>
  <div ng-if="itemValue(config.my_item_display_temp)<20">
    <widget-icon iconset="'eclipse-smarthome-classic'" icon="'temperature_cold'"/>
  </div>
  <div ng-if="itemValue(config.my_item_display_temp)>20 && itemValue(config.my_item_display_temp)<22"> 
    <widget-icon iconset="'eclipse-smarthome-classic'" icon="'temperature'"/>
  </div>
  <div ng-if="itemValue(config.my_item_display_temp)>22">
    <widget-icon iconset="'eclipse-smarthome-classic'" icon="'temperature_hot'"/>
  </div>
  <div>
    <span ng-if="itemValue(config.my_item_display_temp)!='NULL'" style="color: cyan; font-size: 28pt">{{'%.1f °C' | sprintf:itemValue(config.my_item_display_temp)}}</span>
  </div>
</div>

@scantineau : Thanks this workaround helps.

But it is a workaround. What i want to do is the following:

I want to create a Widget in which i could choose an Icon from an iconset. I want to reuse this widget lot of times - so the icon has to be generic choosable. In the settings i could create an “icon-variable” and then could choose the Icon - but instead of the icon only the text/Name of the icon is displayed.

Could you show us your widget-icon code ?

sure, here it is in an early basic version:

box.widget.json (911 Bytes)

There is no widget-icon in your code so I cannot help you about “but instead of the icon only the text/Name of the icon is displayed”

How do i import a widget json in stable 2.2?

/Mike

When editing a page click on the “add widget” drop down menu and on the bottom half is the ‘custom widget’ area with a little cog icon which you can click to take you here:

https://<openHAB-IP>:8443/habpanel/index.html#/settings/widgets

Bottom left you should see an Import widget button that will do what you require.

Hi

I guess I’m a little bit lost here. I want to display different Strings from config parameters depending on the state of an item, like:

{{itemValue(config.switch_item)=='ON' ? {config.color_on} : (config.color_off)}}

But this doesn’t work at all, so I assume the syntax is not right. How do I do this right?

In the above example I set alternating CSS background-colors depending on the state of the item (eg. a green button for ON and red button for OFF).

I have a problem with a item from widget settings. its defined as item with the ID “temperature_item”.
I tried something, but i dont get the item inside an ng-init for a knob working. But what works is a openhab item. here the code for the “item” from widget settings item

<div ng-init='temp2={"name": "°C",
                "sizeX": 1,
                "sizeY": 1,
                "fontSize": 40,
                "textColor": "#FFFFFF", 
                "item": "config.set_temperature_item),

and here the code for “item” with the openhab-item wich is working.

"item": "EG_WZ2_WTT_HZF1_temp",