Daikin BRP069C4x (FTXM35R Perferra) binding not working?

I can try, but I’m not sure what the starting point URL for the login is, I’m not aware that I ever picked a country or something. Maybe the app I get from the app-store is already EU region bound.

An alternative: someone reverse engineered the protocol and replaced it with a custom esp32 to work locally without cloud

1 Like

Hi everyone.

First, many thanks for offering a solution to control Daikin new Perfera model with new WiFi module, despite the move to Cloud.
I have been able to retrieve token and to make @haesslo script [daikincloud2mqtt.js], together with my MQTT broker & OpenHAB.
The issue I’m facing to is that after basically 1hr, the loop in [daikincloud2mqtt.js] fails with an HTTP error.

If I then review the tokenset.JSON file with Apollon77 script, then re-start [daikincloud2mqtt.js] it works again for one hour → it looks like the token are valid for 1h only.

Is this normal that we have to renew the tokenset.JSON every hour?
Or do a I miss a step somewhere?

Any help will be very welcomed.

Thanks

Just a thought for everyone with this issue regarding the Daikin binding in OpenHAB:
I also bought a Daikin Perfera unit which comes with the C4x WiFi module (which only connects to the Daikin cloud service and has no local interface to work with). I recently added the external WiFi Adapter Daikin BRP069B42 to the system and unplugged the integrated C4x WiFi adapter. Now I can control the unit completely through OpenHAB’s Daikin binding.

2 Likes

Hi there! I’m running OH2.5 and was wondering if anybody managed to find or develop an ONECTA->MQTT solution for universal implementation?

Has anybody managed in the meantime using openHAB in conjunction with the BRP069C4x? Just got one unit with this controller type installed…

The already mentioned integration for home assistant looks quite promising to me but I’m (sadly) not able to transfer this into openHAB logic - GitHub - rospogrigio/daikin_residential: Cloud control of Daikin devices that are supported by Daikin Residential Controller app.

Just saw, that there is also a working implementation as io-Broker adapter - see here. Just tested this yesterday - works like a charm!

Has anybody experience in converting an io-Broker adapter in something useful for openHAB?

Hello Martin, thanks for the nice idea.

I ordered a BRP069B42. Strange thing here. On the outside of the box the type B42 is correctly shown but on the device itself it reads B41? Maybe they are the same only that the B42 has the external mounting option included in addition?
But my main problem is the plugs are not the same. May I ask how you managed to add the adapter to the system exactly?. With somekind a modified cable?

Hi. I ordered the mentioned WiFi Controller plus the so called EKRS21 adapter cable. With that cable the new WiFi Controller plugs into the S21 connector of the main control board of the Daikin unit. Then I unplugged the cable attached to the C4x. Works like a charm.

Wow that was fast. Thanks for the hint with the EKRS21!

I found the S21 in the service manual on the mainboard by myself the last minute.
My device is mounted very near against a wall to the right so it is still some work to get there but i’ll hopefully manage. bye bye :wink:

I just registered in this community to confirm that in the current version of Perfera the BRP069B42 is working.
I installed it 10 Minutes ago in parrallel with the included included wlan board. So it seems to be okay to still have Cloud Access (via Daikin ONECTA) AND local access (Daikin online controller) in the same time. Openhab also noticed this adapter automatically (binding was installed before).

Yes, EKRS21 is needed to adapt.

Before I was ordering the B42 adapter I was not sure which one is compatible. Because there is also a B41 available.
But now this secret seems also to be solved. For me it looks like there is only the auxiliary stuff changing in the package. I ordered (and received) a box with B42! INSIDE the electronic itself is labeled with B41 on the adapter. So don´t worry about this. I think it´s just a difference in the aux stuff you will get.

Hope this helps to manifest the content above. Thank´s for this discussion!

Now I have to get familar with openhab… It´s just installed :smiley:

Hi Jannick,

Welcome to the community!

I’m glad your controller works with the binding! You’re lucky to have got the “B” controller. It seems that the people not able to use the binding have the “C” controller/adapter.

Have fun with openhab, and don’t hesitate to ask questions!

Hello everybody. I’ve got now the EKRS21 adapter cable and installed everything like Martin mentioned. I can confirm the BRP069B41 is working flawless in my Perfera FTXM25R with the daikin binding.

@JimT:
The newer Preferas like mine have the “C”-WLAN-Adapter built-in which are not working with the actual binding and are “cloud-only”. But the newer Preferas still have an S21 connector on the mainboard where you can add the optional older “B”-WLAN-Adapter which is supported with the Openhab Daikin binding.

Hello,
I have also had a Daikin multi-split system for some time and would like to integrate it into my smart home.
So far I’ve read 2 options:

1. The detour via IO broker
  2. Retrofitting the “old” controller to use the binding

Does anyone know if the developer of the binding has taken care of this?

There hasn’t been any changes on the binding, so your options remain the same.

@Nepu :

I ordered a Perfera FTXM71R unit, which will be installed in a couple of weeks.

Did you manage to install the BRP069B41 unit together with the short EKRS21 inside the Perfera unit? Or did you use the cable included in the BRP069B42 package to install the wifi module outside?

Hi. I used both cables. The short ekrs21on the pcb side and in addition the long cable which is in the adapter package you ve ordered. I put the wlan adapters inside the cable tracks in parallel with the coolant in and out. So it’s not visible outside.

Greetings

BRP069B41 is the wi-fi adapter itself. From 42 to 45 are different kits and therefore all include BRP069B41 in it. Some just have shorter cable for installation in the indoor unit, some have additional PCB for retrofitting small (20-25) units that don’t have S21 on their main board. In general all are BRP069B41, some have additional stuff included intended for specific models installation.

Hi,

I just received my ftxm35 and it has a brp069c4x too.
But on this unit I cannot find a S21 connector to install a brp069b4x.
Seems like newer boards do not come with S21 connector anymore?

So for now the only option I have is to use IO broker and connect it from here to openhab?
Or is there a chance that there will be a new Binding in 2023?

Best Regards,
Thomas