Denon/Marantz binding installation issue

Hello,

I tried several times to install the Denon binding. When I click on install I only get the rolling circle. And thats it. I do not get further. I did it three times. And a fourth time after shutting down the system.
What can be the issue?

Regards
Björn

Platform: raspberry pi 3
openhab: 2.4
binding version: 2.5.7

Nobody? Anyone having successfully installed it recently?

See

So far as I know there are no online copies of OH2.4 addon kars, using a 2.5 binding may or may not be successful on 2.4 base.

can be found as download here: Central Repository: org/openhab/distro/openhab-addons/2.4.0 replace 2.4.0 in the url with 2.3.0, 2.5.0, 2.5.12, 3.0.0, 3.0.1 in case you are interested in other versions.

1 Like

Hello Wolfgang,

thank you for the link. How can I install the according binding/What to download?

Best regards
Björn

You need to download the openhab-addons-2.4.0.kar.
You can either install the single file org.openhab.binding.denonmarantz-2.4.0.jar that is included in the kar file after extracting it. There might be dependencies or install the whole kar file.
The file needs to be placed into the addons folder as described in case of a linux server: openHAB on Linux | openHAB

Thank you Wolfgang,
The link provided shows folders that I cannot identify on my raspberry pi Openhab.
This one seems the closest: \OPENHABIANPI\openHAB-share\openhab2-addons
The kar file I downloaded to my windows computer. How to install it on the openhabianpi? I try to find documentation on it, in vain.
Sorry for asking again.

that is the folder that is exported via samba share and mounted on your windows computer.
You should be able to copy the file to that share.
An other option - which I would use - would be either to login ( via ssh or putty ) to the openhabian host and then use curl / wget to download the file direct into the folder /usr/share/openhab2/addons or to use psftp on windows and transfer the file by using psftp onto the openhabian host.

Okay, that was maybe too easy :wink: .
I renamed the kar-file to a zip-file. That I could extract. I copied the denon… jar file to the folder you adviced. Restarted the pi and now I can see the binding. B-)

Thank you, Wolfgang, for your support!

1 Like