DEVIReg Smart thermostat binding

Awesome!! :smile:

So far, current tasks are:

1. Clean up the API, add state notifications callbacks
  2. Normal main loop with events etc, current one is a quick crappy hack
  3. Implement pairing by OTP. Required for receiving configuration from the phone.
  4. Write a binding using the library :wink:
  5. Testing against other products, like LivingConnect

Help is desperately needed.

(1) largely solved by now, (2) is in progress, currently for Windows only. I like VisualStudio.

Great job! I would love to help out but I only own a single Danfoss thermostat (since I discovered that zwave was no longer possible) and no Living Connect controller.

Implemented (1) and (2) and back to reverse engineering. Dealing with pairing now. And UNIX version is up and running again.

Pairing is almost done. Connecting and establishing the link successfully, but there is one more step required for the peer to accept me and start data exchange; itā€™s some challenge-response crypto mumbo jumbo. And i have almost understood it from the disassembly.

1 Like

Great job! Looking forward to testing this :smiley:

Iā€™ll make it soon. Yesterday (or today :wink: at 1:40AM the authentication reported success :slight_smile: Now need to add configuration receive code from my old testapp to test it all together.
Then there will be some more polishing like adding missing PING packet, so that the grid doesnā€™t drop me because of inactivity.

1 Like

The first fully working version is on github. Successfully pairs and downloads the configuration.
At the moment the only application for this library is a small crudely hacked up testapp. This or next week i need to set up OH development environment and try to do something like a binding :slightly_smiling_face:
And library API needs some polishing, plus thereā€™s no ping yet, the grid times out.

1 Like

Cleaned up API and fixed some (major) bugs. Ping is the only remaining thing

The library has finally reached v1.0.
At this point i am stopping playing with the test app. Set up Eclipse and will start my binding next week.

2 Likes

Sounds promising :slight_smile:

How is it going? Super excited for this! :smiley:

Hi! A bit slow, christmas is coming, itā€™s a party week now. :slight_smile:
Wrote some skeleton in Java and fighting with embedding my library in a Java project. I donā€™t have too much experience with Java; used it mostly on Android, Maven build system and OSGI are totally alien for me.
Fortunately i can look at how rfxcom binding is made, they also have native code.

Today is the official birthday of the new binding. It went ONLINE.
With ā€œstolenā€ keys, however. Configuration sharing process is difficult to integrate into OpenHAB, will do something later.

1 Like

Niceeeeeee. :smiley: Is there anything to test yet?

Not yet, after the NY i guess. Coming close to that, implementing the first set of channels right now. Flying to London on saturday for vacation till 30th December, so there will be a pause.

Have nice vacation! Canā€™t wait to see a DEVIreg binding (weā€™re on our way to London in Januaryā€¦)

Yeah, London is great! :slight_smile:
So iā€™m back to the development now and iā€™ve got something running and successfully controlling my thermostat. I even plan to deploy it on my 2.4 live installation to see how itā€™s going in production.
But, i guess, i need to do some stability fixups before. Currently if connection fails for whatever reason the binding wonā€™t go back ONLINE automatically once the link has been restored.
Unfortunately itā€™s not ready yet for public testing because setting up is quite nontrivial. You need to use some external tool (currently i use my OpenSDG testapp) in order to ā€œhijackā€ all keys from your phone. Itā€™s impossible to connect to the device directly from scratch.
Working on integrating this into openhab, but this is not trivial because OpenHAB currently does not implement ā€œparametrizedā€ device discovery. Iā€™ll have to use an external tool anyways.

1 Like

It has been a productive new year holiday.The binding is online and successfully deployed on my installation. After some bugfixing it all seems to be good.
Now iā€™ll be working on some external tool to facilitate configuration download from the phone, after which iā€™ll open up a public testing.

3 Likes