Docker 2.5.12 freezes during first start, where is the cache in Docker?

Hi all,
I installed OpenHAB 2.5.12 as a docker on Debian 11 host. I can connect to it with a browser at port 8080 from my windows laptop. So it started.
But it’s telling me to wait several minutes, right after I clicked on the advanced installation. And this has been so for about a day.

I restarted the docker but that doesn’t help.
I would like to empty the cache as I have read this might fix the issue. But where is the cache in the docker system? There is no directory ‘/var/lib/openhab2/cache’ inside the docker, nor is it on the host system. I did find this directory:
‘/opt/openhab/userdata/cache/org.eclipse.osgi’ with lots of files in it. Not sure if this is THE cache? I changed the name of the directory to org.eclipse.osgi_BACKUP and restarted the docker. No new cache-directory was made and the web inteface still tells me to wait a few minutes.
I also would also like to know for sure that the docker has access to the internet. But I don’t know how, since ping is not working in the docker. How best to check this?

cheers,

Guido

It might be trying to download stuff (UIs etc.) from the now defunct online repository.

I don’t know if you can circumvent that with a docker thingy or if you’d have to build it from scratch.

Setting is in userdata, so it should be possible to set the correct repo.

File is userdata/etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg and the parameter is org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories
So search and check if it’s still configured to bintray. Change to

org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories= \
 https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-release@id=openhab

and fingers crossed, restart the container.

1 Like