Does HABpanel make persistence create an item table?

Started using persistence in a MariaDB for the first time yesterday, and set up my persist-file by includning two items. As expected I got two tables in my db for those items, and everything works fine (regarding that…).
Later on I started fiddling with HABpanel as well, and was trying a couple of widgets.
A look into my db then shows a couple of new tables for items not included in my persist-files Item clause.

Does this come from me using certain items with graph or timeline widgets?
Is that correct? As long as I don’t include them in my persistence scheme, those tables will never be populated, right?
I don’t have a problem with the tables being there. I just want to understand…

Comments?

/GC

could you please post your persistence config?

Well, my jdbc.cfg includes only these three rows:

url=jdbc:mariadb://192.168.1.99:3306/openhab_db
user=****
password=****

My jdbc.persist file:

Strategies {
  everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
  everyDay    : "0 0 0 * * ?"
  everyHour   : "0 0 * * * ?"
  default = everyChange
}

Items {
  zwave_device_98f1144c_node4_sensor_temperature : strategy = everyHour
  zwave_device_98f1144c_node4_alarm_motion : strategy = everyChange
}

I can’t say with 100% certainty that they were created while I was using HABpanel, but I think so, and the items that got persist tables corresponds to those I played with in HABpanel…

/GC

I asked for the config file because when you have a line in there like * : strategy = everyDay, restoreOnStartup the pesistence service creates a db table for each new item (or at least that is what i have monitored so far)

anyways since you don’t have such a line i tried to recreated your described behavior with HABpanel and yes a db table was created for each item I added a timeline widgets for.
After Thinking about it, I believe this is the normal behavior because as soon as you add the item to the timeline widgets, HABpanel will start to request the data form the persistence service, the persistence service try to look up the item and notice that it “i don’t know it yet” and for this reason it will create the according db table

Correct, you can only graph items when you haven them in your persistence file.
While you are at it, have a look at Design patern