Domintell integration

Hi,
I’ve integrated my Domintell home automation system with OH2. It currently supports ISM4/8, BIR, DMR and TE modules using the DETH02 interface. With some extra work (mainly documentation) I can make it ready for PR if there is a need for this binding in the community. Let me know if someone is interested…
Cheers

Hi,

Highly interested to check-out the Domintell bindings … anyway you can share the binding that you have deveoped ?
Cheers,
E.

Hi,
I’m glad I’m not the only one with Domintell system… :slight_smile: Just finishing my new binding for presence detection with OwnTracks and GPSLogger and after that i will need 1-2 weeks to do the documentation part of the Domintell binding. I’ll let you know when it’s ready to be shared…
Cheers

1 Like

Great, I’m a novice to OpenHAB but very interested to integrated Domintell into it.

E.

@Erwin_VL
The first BETA version of the Domintell binding is ready. The jar can be downloaded from here and the documentation is here
Awaiting your feedback, thanks!

I also integrated Domintell with OH2 but I’m not as far as you.
Currently supporting DBIR, DTRV and DDIM over DETH02 interface.

Maybe we can join forces and I can help integrate other module types like DTRV and DDIM

With kind regards

J

It would be great! I’m currently polishing the solution to make it PR ready till the end of next week (maybe even earlier). I’ll let you know when you could push the support for modules you’ve mentioned. Thx

The binding is finally PR ready. The documentation is here and it can be installed from the eclipse marketplace directly or using the integration.
There are not too many OH installations with Domintell system underneath so any feedback or help with testing is highly appreciated!
Thx

I will try to install it to 1 (maybe 2) installations this weekend.

Hi,

Thank you Gabor for your hard work.

Thanks to you, I’m now able to control smart plugs with my Domintell installation.

Do you plan to continue the work?

I’m ok to help and test if necessary.

Another question : I see my DIM interface in “Things” but there is nothing in it (no outputs). Any idea why and how to implement the Dimming in a rule?

I implemented all the modules I have from Domintell.

This module was an extra. I don’t have the dimmer module so I did the coding by the specification. Sorry to hear it’s not working but I can’t test this. Is there any chance you take over the implementation or push PRs for this binding?

Hi Gabor,

Sorry for the late answer. I wouldn’t be able to take over, i’m new to openhab I’m not sure to have the skills to do this.

What do you mean by push PRs for this binding?

If not to complex, I can give it a try.

It’s kind of taking over partially: add support for modules you have. But it’s a development as well…

If you can explain a little how to find those PRs I can try, I have several other modules.

The Dimmer Thing is empty because of this I think (seen in the logs)

2018-12-22 21:07:04.045 [WARN ] [re.thing.internal.ThingFactoryHelper] - Could not create channel ‘1’ for thing type ‘domintell:moduleDIM:DETH02:XXXX’, because channel type ‘system:brightness’ could not be found.

2018-12-22 21:07:04.048 [WARN ] [re.thing.internal.ThingFactoryHelper] - Could not create channel ‘2’ for thing type ‘domintell:moduleDIM:DETH02:XXXX’, because channel type ‘system:brightness’ could not be found.

2018-12-22 21:07:04.049 [WARN ] [re.thing.internal.ThingFactoryHelper] - Could not create channel ‘3’ for thing type ‘domintell:moduleDIM:DETH02:XXXX’, because channel type ‘system:brightness’ could not be found.

2018-12-22 21:07:04.050 [WARN ] [re.thing.internal.ThingFactoryHelper] - Could not create channel ‘4’ for thing type ‘domintell:moduleDIM:DETH02:XXXX’, because channel type ‘system:brightness’ could not be found.

2018-12-22 21:07:04.051 [WARN ] [re.thing.internal.ThingFactoryHelper] - Could not create channel ‘5’ for thing type ‘domintell:moduleDIM:DETH02:XXXX’, because channel type ‘system:brightness’ could not be found.

2018-12-22 21:07:04.052 [WARN ] [re.thing.internal.ThingFactoryHelper] - Could not create channel ‘6’ for thing type ‘domintell:moduleDIM:DETH02:XXXX’, because channel type ‘system:brightness’ could not be found.

2018-12-22 21:07:04.053 [WARN ] [re.thing.internal.ThingFactoryHelper] - Could not create channel ‘7’ for thing type ‘domintell:moduleDIM:DETH02:XXXX’, because channel type ‘system:brightness’ could not be found.

2018-12-22 21:07:04.054 [WARN ] [re.thing.internal.ThingFactoryHelper] - Could not create channel ‘8’ for thing type ‘domintell:moduleDIM:DETH02:XXXX’, because channel type ‘system:brightness’ could not be found.

and this is also shown 8 times

2018-12-22 21:07:53.448 [WARN ] [ore.internal.thing.ThingTypeResource] - Cannot find channel type: system:brightness

What is your OH version? These system channels are available from 2.4…

2.3.0 because I run openhab on synology but I see that 2.4 has just been released.

I also use Synology DSM6 with Docker… Try with 2.4 if you can and let me know pls. Thx

Hey Gabor,

I just installed openhab 2.3.4 package and you ere right.

Dimmer Thing is now complete (8 channels).

I’ve been able to add those as things and I’m now able to control the dimming lights. It works like a charm.

It’s amazing.