Domintell integration

i understand that, but physically how do you control this device without OH? i suppose you don’t have 64 wall switches connected to it…

If so :slight_smile: no of course! For example, I put 24 DALI spotlights on the ceiling of my veranda and I created groups in GoldenGate. The advantage is a very simple wiring (5G 1.5mm2) which connects all the spots together. Under OH I intend to use rules. But for that I must be able to order each of the outputs …

The DALI module is similar to the DIM module except for the number of outputs … and the command syntax is of course different.

so basically you would need a thing in OH with 64 separate channels…

it would be perfect :slight_smile:

@JGilles
here you go:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17qm-rnL93Er_8-e04hCQYxEcdMrhK2lg

Hi Gabor
First test is very good !!!
Great work … again a thousand thanks :slight_smile: .
I’ll give you a full feedback tomorrow night!
Good night
Joseph

PS: Could you give me a sample of the .things and .items files for the variables?

Good morning all
I am unable to retrieve my Domintell variables. Anyone have an example of the .things and .items file? Thank you in advance for your help

hey Gabor! the binding was working great until i updated to 3.1.0m5 then it stopped.
error is get are:

2021-06-03 17:36:21.084 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.domintell-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.domintell [309]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: javax.measure; version=“[1.0.0,2.0.0)”
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:440) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

i tried to remove the binding clear the cache and reinstalled it no luck tried to start it manually also no luck.

Hi everyone,

Still not had time to migrate my installation to OH3 but I’m willing to do so when possible.
The main reason why I use OH is for the DOmintell binding but I also use RFXCOM, XIAOMI and other things.

Before I start migrating, I’m trying to understand what impact the migration will have on my installation. I’m useing .things and items files for domintell which took me a long time to make.

Could someone post elsewhere his .thing and .item files so that I can see how you wrote them? This would very much help me migrate my OH configuration and have domintell up and running rapidly after migration.

Many thanks in advance!

nobody to help?

Would love to help, but I personally don’t use .things file for openhab. I let openhab search for the items and then link them in the items file…
But if i was you I would wait till the binding is updated because it doesn’t work anymore on the new 3.1.0 stable. So what i have done is make a openhab remote server, with a old openhab version, until there is a update of the binding.
Normally if you made a things file and items file you just have to copy it in the right folder and everything will work as before. Nothing has changed there on openhab.

It is really a goo idea to do that, I’d love to know more about remote server.

Is the binding now working on 3.1.0 stable?

no it is not still waiting on gbicskei to compile a new version :).In the mean while, first you install openhab 3.1.0 on 2 different systems i guess you have a rpi? one you leave like it is and install openhabremote server. That is you’re main system and then on the other you download this; https://openhab.jfrog.io/native/openhab-linuxpkg/pool/main/3.1.0~M4/openhab_3.1.0~M4-1_all.deb
and then with the command, sudo dpkg -i openhab_3.1.0_M4-1_all.deb, you install a version that works for the domintell binding. How the remote binding works you can find on this site if you search a bit :slight_smile:. Good luck

Hi,
Sorry guys I don’t have time at the moment for OH. I’ll check the binding as soon as I upgrade my own installation…
BR

Hey! No problem! I already tried it myself but with no succes… so I have patience now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

Hi all,
I’ve recompiled the binding to OH3.2 version. You can find it on Google Drive.
BR

Hi

The only download link I found was for 3.1.0 but this one does not seem to download. Where can I find the 3.2 version?