Door Sensor 433MHz with open/close/battery status

I have read it also, and noц i do not understand twice what is RFLink Gateway board for if i can use only arduino?))))

I use LoRa for my garage, 2 mile range :smiley:

This KERUI D026 door sensor looks good if it can provide battery level information. How does it integrate with openhab , is there a binding for it ?
I shall order one unit tomorrow to try it.

NB: Sonoff offers DW1 door sensors but don`t think you get any info about battery out of it.

I have ordered 2 yesterday))) will look at them. Intergare with Rf receiver. See my first post.

Beware of Sonoff sensors! They send the same codes for open and close and no codes for battery!

It seems i understood))) Their Gateway is the RF Module (or complete device with Arduino) if i have no extra like RB6X. So?

No you can connect the RB6X directly to the mega
Flash the mega with the bin image and you are ready to go. simple as that

1 Like

Hello,

i have got my Kerui D026 and treid to use with RFLink. But the problem, that i got different codes. One time

20;D4;EV1527;ID=09b59e;SWITCH=0e;CMD=ON;

then

Eurodomest;ID=264a61;SWITCH=01;CMD=ON;

then

Eurodomest;ID=064a61;SWITCH=00;CMD=OFF;

and so on… switch can be other, protocol, ID and even CMD for open can be ON and OFF.

Of course i can try to collect them all and make IF or CASE. But i do not know how many combinations can be…

Do you have thge same issue?

Thanks a lot!

Sometimes,
Tune you antena

Do u thing the problem in Antenna? Can u take a picture of yours if it possible?
I have found a lot of post about this problem in internet.

Thanks!

no status for battery for this one also…

Maybe when if will be low?

it says on the box two codes…

Before you invest too much time and money into 433MHz technology be aware that it is unreliable and prone to interference. You can NEVER be 100% sure that the signal was received.
It’s a great tech. Very useful for non critical sensors such as weather stations, door bells (The postman will always ring twice…) and the like.
But for doors and window sensors I would stay away in the long run. As I said, I only have two of these left and I have put them on small windows where a burglar could not go through even if opened because I can never be sure if the signal was received. These two sensors will be replaced eventually.

1 Like

Thanks!!
Witch one would you advice?

i agree…

i orderd somthing like 3 PIRs and 3 door seneores , just for the fun of it…

when i will build my own house i want to go with this order

1. KNX(or some other reliable bus)
  2. Zwave/zigbee
  3. wifi
  4. RF /IR
1 Like

What is it?
Infrared and RF (868 Mhz?)

i meant to say what is the order i will use what tech …

KNX(hard wired)
Zwave/zigbee(propriarity wireless for smart homes)
Wifi
RF/IR yes as you know it(IR infrared)

i will not recommend a brand as i did not order any :slight_smile:

It is also interesting what will Vincent say)

If I was going to build my own house, I would wire EVERYTHING
If I must use wireless the ZWave or cheaper Zigbee
Wifi is very good but power hungry and your router can’t support that many clients so you would need to upgrade your router and fash a good open source firmware on it.
RF/IR is only for harware without binding or no other solutions. (Or budget limitations)

1 Like