Eaton RF9601 no channels to control in OpenHAB

Eaton RF9601 no channels are available on Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5. Paper UI picks up the switch - but no channels are available to control. Also the LED on the switch does not go solid.

Running openHAB 2.5.0~S1735-1 (Build #1735)

On the Configuration > Things > these are the properties:

zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_basic BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_BINARY
zwave_class_specific SPECIFIC_TYPE_POWER_SWITCH_BINARY
zwave_deviceid 1283
zwave_devicetype 21324
zwave_frequent false
zwave_listening true
zwave_manufacturer 26
zwave_neighbours
zwave_nodeid 21
zwave_plus_devicetype NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE
zwave_plus_roletype ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_ALWAYS_ON
zwave_routing true
zwave_secure false
zwave_version 1.0

XML for the node:
network_e4e1a8b0__node_21.xml

0xe4e1a8b0 21 4 0x1a 0x503 0x534c true false true false true 40000 1000 COMMAND_CLASS_ZWAVEPLUS_INFO COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO COMMAND_CLASS_TRANSPORT_SERVICE COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC COMMAND_CLASS_DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY COMMAND_CLASS_POWERLEVEL COMMAND_CLASS_NODE_NAMING COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTIVATION COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM COMMAND_CLASS_PROTECTION COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY_2 COMMAND_CLASS_SUPERVISION COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD 1 1 0 2 2 0 0 BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_BINARY SPECIFIC_TYPE_POWER_SWITCH_BINARY 0 COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO 1 1 false 1 COMMAND_CLASS_PROTECTION 1 1 false 1 COMMAND_CLASS_ZWAVEPLUS_INFO 1 1 false 2 1 ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_ALWAYS_ON NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE true COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY 1 1 false 1 true COMMAND_CLASS_POWERLEVEL 1 1 false 1 0 0 COMMAND_CLASS_NO_OPERATION 1 1 false 1 1 COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTIVATION 1 1 false 1 COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION 1 1 false 1 COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION 2 1 false 2 2 COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC 1 1 false 2 true COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION 2 1 false 3 LIB_SLAVE_ENHANCED 5.3 1.0 255 COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC 1 1 false 2 false 26 21324 26 21324 1283 COMMAND_CLASS_DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY 1 1 false 1 COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM 1 1 false 1 false true COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF 1 1 false 1 COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY 1 1 false 1 COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD 1 1 false 4 4 2020-05-20 01:12:39.816 UTC

Welcome!

Is there any particular reason you are running an old Snapshot version of openHAB instead of a stable version? There was apparently an issue with the particular database entry you are referencing. It has since been deleted and a different entry is now used. I recommend moving to the Stable repository and installing the latest version, 2.5.5, I believe.

Delete the Thing from openHAB (do NOT exclude from the network) and then rediscover and add back to get the new binding settings.

Bruce -

Thanks for the quick reply - the reason was the snapshot was the only way for some of the dimmers to work - but that was a while ago when I added the last devices.

I updated to 2.5.5-1 and will let you know. So far it hasn’t picked up all my old devices - but going to let it sit for a little bit to spin and resolve itself.

Thank you,
Dan

2 things that seem to be “regular” now. Clear the cache and try restarting OH. I had to restart once last time. Some say up to 3 times is needed.

Cleared the cache. rebooted numerous times. not picking up the rogue node and can not discover Zwave devices.

Paper UI - search for things > zwave binding > it prompts me to add the Zwave controler which is already online.
Tried HabAdmin as well - same story - click on Config > Things > Discovery - only see my two other bindings.

not sure what I am doing wrong - but at a loss and can’t find anything on the topic in search…

Thanks in advance.

For anyone that get to this point… I did the following to get back to working order…

• exclude each device from the existing network
  • in HABmin, delete each zwave thing, including the controller
  • shutdown openHAB
    sudo systemctl stop openhab2
  • exclude all devices (hold down Aeon stick button until orange - walk around w/ stick and turn on/off switch - Aeon stick should blink to confirm exclusion and each device should now be blinking looking for a controller.
  • delete any remaining node.xml files -
    found in /var/lib/openhab2/zwave
    ls to look at the directory
    rm *.xml
    ls to confirm delete
    sudo openhab-cli clean-cache
    sudo reboot
  • start HABmin
  • add the stick and configure the port
  • include devices
    Search and include from Paper UI