Ecobee binding v2

Do you see anything in the console if you try to restart the binding? There must be a version change for one of the dependencies between 4.1 and 4.2.

I’m backing my entire system up and upgrading to 4.2.x and will provide feedback later on.

Best, Jay

Ok, so who wants to know, I uninstalled the old binding via Marketplace and placed the new .jar into /usr/share/openhab/addons. This is the result:

openhab> bundle:list | grep Ecobee                                                                                                                                       
310 │ Active │  80 │ 4.2.0.202402261643     │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Ecobee Binding

I’m on OH 4.1.1, btw.

Can you post the direct link for it vs. me grabbing it from marketplace?

I’d like to do the same as you.

Best, Jay

Yup, this Marketplace version works now after upgrading to OH 4.2.

Best, Jay

Mark posted it a few posts earlier:

I don’t see where the .JAR is anywhere, I see source code to compile which is something I don’t know how to do.

Best, Jay

It’s right there, even in my post with the link. Where it says “Binding jar” in blue.
The link for the source code ist after that…

LOL, Thank you! I actually read past that and clicked the source link instead.

Best, Jay

Hmm, the 4.2.0 beta doesn’t seem to work with 4.1.1 after all.
Binding says active, but things don’t come online.

Oh, that’s too bad. I don’t think I can build for 4.1 anymore. Do you see anything logged in openhab.log or in the console? Possibly complaining about a missing requirement.

Don’t worry about it, Mark. It can’t be too long until 4.2.0 rolls over to stable.

The Ecobee Account Thing couldn’t initialize on a handler error, and the console was full of a plethora of JS errors. So nothing I can pin it on specifically, but I can dig up the logs if you want them.

Upgrade yesterday afternoon, only two things that had issues with was HUE and IPCamera.

Hue, keep rediscovering stuff on restarting even though I set them to ignore. Had to add a line in the /services/runtime.cfg → discovery.hue:background=false

IPCamera, starting up with a bunch of errors → [WARN ] [io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline ] - An exceptionCaught() event was fired, and it reached at the tail of the pipeline. It usually means the last handler in the pipeline did not handle the exception. I just put an ignore logging entry in the logger.

Other than that, it’s running as it was with OH 4.1

Did the upgrade of OH 4.1 to 4.2 to get the new Ecobee binding handling connection error.

Best, Jay

1 Like

Fix submitted.

1 Like

Oh, and I also asked that the PR be cherry-picked for inclusion in the next 4.1 patch release (assuming there’s another patch release).

1 Like

FYI, the fix has been merged into 4.2 (it missed the milestone that was released this weekend) and was cherry picked for inclusion in the next 4.1 patch release (assuming there is another patch release).

I got what looks like 6 or 7 error code 14s in a row this afternoon at around 1:55 pm US EST. I use logreader binding to detect and send me emails when that error occurs.

When I get home I will look in the logs to see what happened. It looks like the binding recovered from it but I won’t know for sure until I see the logs. Hopefully I got some good debug info.

Anyone else see errors today?

I did to, but I’m running the one you posted in the thread vs. the latest updated one you tweak via your peers.

Best, Jay

Yes, my Ecobee account disconnected today, too.
But I’m still running the old 4.1.1 version of the binding.

Did it recover immediately after getting the error code 14?

The one you’re running is essentially the same as the one that was merged into the distribution.

The test version I’m running, which tries to force a token refresh, didn’t fair so well lol.