Effectcolours channel in Deconz Binding

Continuing the discussion from deCONZ which Thing Type is needed for Lidl Melinera LED wire?:

Would it be possible for this Christmas to integrate the Effectcolours channel into the Deconz Binding? A string channel as suggested by @J-N-K would be quite sufficient.

1 Like

it’s possible via rule and zigbee2mqtt.
First my setup for zigbee2mtt. I’ve made a script to create the thing config for it.

Thing topic lichterkette "lichterkette" {
              Channels:
                    Type switch : state           "state" [ stateTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/lichterkette/state", commandTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/lichterkette/set/state", on = "ON", off = "OFF" ]
                    Type dimmer : brightness      "brightness" [ stateTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/lichterkette/brightness", commandTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/lichterkette/set/brightness", min = 0, max = 254 ]
                    Type colorHSB : color           "color"  [ 
                          stateTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/lichterkette/color", 
                        commandTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/lichterkette/set/color",
                        transformationPatternOut="JS:HSBJSON.js" 
                    ]
                    Type string : effectName         "effectName" [ 
                              stateTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/lichterkette/effect-effect"
                         ]
                    Type string : effectCmd          "effecCmd2" [ 
                              commandTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/lichterkette/set/effect"
                    ]
                    Type number : effectSpeed          "effectSpeed" [ 
                              stateTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/lichterkette/effect-speed", 
                              min = 0, max = 100
                         ]
                    Type number : linkquality     "linkquality" [ stateTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/lichterkette/linkquality", min = 0, max = 255, unit = "lqi" ]
          }

Note the effectCmd channel (writeonly) and effectSpeed, effectName which are readyonly

The items

Group         Lichterkette        "Lichterkette"  <light> (Beleuchtung, gAussen,Zigbee) ["Lightbulb"] { 
    homekit="Lighting",
    ga="Light" [ roomHint="Garten "]
}
Switch        Lichterkette_Switch      "Schalter" (Lichterkette) ["Light","Switch"] {    
    channel="mqtt:topic:zigbee:lichterkette:state",
    homekit="Lighting.OnState",
    ga="lightPower"

}
Dimmer        Lichterkette_Brightness   "Helligkeit [%.1f %%]" (Lichterkette) ["Control"]  {
    channel="mqtt:topic:zigbee:lichterkette:brightness",
    homekit="Lighting.Brightness",
    ga="lightBrightness"
}
Color         Lichterkette_Color          "Farbe"               (Lichterkette)   ["Control"] { 
    channel="mqtt:topic:zigbee:lichterkette:color",
    homekit="Lighting.Hue, Lighting.Saturation"
}
String        Lichterkette_Alert          "Alert"               (Lichterkette)  
String        Lichterkette_Effect_Cmd     (Lichterkette) { autoupdate="false", channel="mqtt:topic:zigbee:lichterkette:effectCmd" }
String        Lichterkette_Effect_Name         "Effekt"              (Lichterkette)    ["Control"] {
        channel="mqtt:topic:zigbee:lichterkette:effectName",
        stateDescription=""[
            readOnly=false,
		    options="none=none, steady=steady, snow=snow, rainbow=rainbow, snake=snake,tinkle=tinkle, fireworks=fireworks, flag=flag, waves=waves, updown=updown,vintage=vintage, fading=fading, collide=collide, strobe=strobe,sparkles=sparkles, carnival=carnival,glow=glow"
	    ]
}
Number        Lichterkette_Effect_Speed   "Effect speed"       (Lichterkette)  { channel="mqtt:topic:zigbee:lichterkette:effectSpeed" }

Lichterkette_Effect_Cmd is a dropdown in the UI thanks to stateDescription.

Now I create a rule to post the right JSON to the effect-mqtt channel.
The timers are for debouncing the settings and changes from the device.

var Timer effectTimer
var Timer effectSetTimer

rule "Lichterkette_Effect_Change"
when Item Lichterkette_Effect_Name changed
     or 
     Item Lichterkette_Effect_Speed changed
then
      if ( Lichterkette_Effect_Name.state == UNDEF )  {
            return
      }
      if ( Lichterkette_Effect_Speed.state == UNDEF ) {
            return
      }
      if ( effectTimer !== null ) {
            return
      }
      if(effectSetTimer!== null) {
            effectSetTimer.cancel()
      }
      effectSetTimer = createTimer(now.plusSeconds(1)) [|
            val effectSpeed = Lichterkette_Effect_Speed.state.toString
            val effectName = Lichterkette_Effect_Name.state.toString
            val jsonString = String.format('{"effect" : "%s", "speed" : %s}', effectName, effectSpeed)
            Lichterkette_Effect_Cmd.sendCommand(jsonString)

effectTimer = createTimer(now.plusSeconds(5)) [|
                  effectTimer = null
            ]
      ]     
end

You could extend the rule for more settings in the json.

greetings

With Zigbee2Mqtt I need a ZigBee dongle or something similar. But I want to use my Deconz/Phoscon gateway.

I would be also very happy if this will be implemented.

Is it possible to create a openhab3 UI page where it is possible to send a post command? So I can send the post request to my phoscon

@eric1905 If you need the effects only you can use the effect channel with the following effects: none,steady,snow,rainbow,snake,twinkle,fireworks,horizontal_flag,waves,updown,vintage,fading,collide,strobe,sparkles,carnaval,glow. You can add it with a Metadata: widget.

I already have the effects. I want to configure the colors for the effects

1 Like

Every year the same question. :wink: Can I meanwhile somehow set the up to 6 effect colors, as well as the effect speed and of course the effect itself in the Deconz Binding from @J-N-K for my Lidl Melinera smart LED?

In the binding the channel “effect” exists as a string. Can I only specify an effect here like “snow” or “vintage”, etc., or can I also transfer all values here via JSON (similar to this)? If this would work with JSON, how does it have to look like?

In the documentation there is also a channel “effectSpeed”. Unfortunately, this does not appear for me.

IIRC the effectSpeed is not available for all devices and is only added if the device supports it.

Regarding the effect configuration: that‘s not supported. I still have no good idea how to model that because we have no channel type got complex data like lists or maps.