Elro Connects Binding (Beta)

I know what the problem is. If the device name in OH is more than 15 characters, it fails. It tries to sync device names, but in the Elro system the max lenght is 15. I will provide a fix.

1 Like

Hi Mark,

I see the issue is still present in 3.3.0 M6.

What do you mean with ā€œdevice nameā€? the item associated with that? Because the config name in my things file is below 15 characters:

Bridge elroconnects:connector:myhub [ connectorId="ST_dcxxxxxxxxxxxx", refreshInterval=120, ipAddress="192.168.xx.xx" ] {
    smokealarm 1 "ELRO SmokeDetector Kitchen" [ deviceId="1" ]
    smokealarm 2 "ELRO SmokeDetector TechRoom" [ deviceId="2" ]
    smokealarm 3 "ELRO SmokeDetector Laundry" [ deviceId="3" ]
}

any suggestion?
Andrea

My fix contained an error. I discovered it yesterday. There is a new fix in for review.

The device name is the label. That is what gets synced with the ELRO system. It tries to update the name in the ELRO system with the label. It should shorten it, but that is what still fails.

1 Like

The new fix has been reviewed and will be in the next milestone.

1 Like

My K1 stopped working :(. I was in fixed yellow light, Iā€™ve tried multiple times to reset and re-configure, but the app is able to find the gateway but the procedure suddenly stops. Now the status is green, with a yellow blink sometimes.

Iā€™ve asked support to Elro :frowning: fingers crossed

edit: well, actually it has been fixed automagically after one night ā€¦ no idea how. Iā€™ve just missed the opportunity to have my first devices with deviceID=1, creating a new gateway Iā€™ve also lost that deviceID, and the numbering started with 2 instead of 1

itā€™s included in 3.3.0 M7?

Andrea

@ariela Yes, it is.

1 Like

Hi Mark,
long time no post about your binding. Elro discontinued the K1 Connector and replaced it with a K2 Version, which i purchased. I thought that the new version behaves like the K1 but it doesnt. I cannot connect it via the ST_XX - ID because they no longer use the mac instead they use a numeric 10 digit value. Elro also replaced the app for managing the devices to ā€œElro Connect 2ā€.

Are you planning to implement the K2 Version?

I donā€™t have the K2 version. I have seen they replaced the app and that the K2 version is not compatible, but I donā€™t have any possiblity to code a binding for Elro Connects 2 without the hardware.
I have a series of K1 devices that work well with the binding, so no reason for me to swap.

Hi @Mherwege

Long time no speech. Iā€™ve just migrated my system from OH3 to OH 4.1.0(M4), and I have few questions related to the smoke sensors:

• what is the best way to reproduce the ā€œAlarm Testā€? I see the item is a switch, but in facts I canā€™t see any value (NULL), if I switch ON the alarm sounds, but no values for the item. Same when it turns OFF.

• Battery Level in more than 1 year is still 100% ā€¦ is it normal?

• what is the sense of using the muteAlarm switch?

Thanks for sharing
Andrea

Hi @ariela

• The alarm test switch should trigger an alarm test. It does not update because it does not have a state. You trigger a test and the switch would return to its base state. You can implement that in UIā€™s as a push button (in a sitemap, a switch with a single mapping). If you donā€™t do that, some UIā€™s will keep the ON state after switching ON, but nothing will happing when switching again.
  • I have a number of smoke detectors connected to the same hub. With some, I see battery level going doing, some stay at 100%. I donā€™t know what it is. They may come from two different production runs and some of them may not report. Or, I also noticed the one staying at 100% are close to the hub, so may be using less power for communication. To be safe, I replaced the batteries for all when one of them went low (which was after about 3 years).
  • When there is a real alarm, the muteAlarm function should mute it. You cannot mute a test alarm.
1 Like

Thank you so much.

I have another question. Sometimes, when I restart openhab, the 3 detectors stay offline, even if the connector is online.

Each detector is reporting:

**CONFIGURATION_ERROR** Device ID 2 not defined in the connector

(2, or 3, or 4, I have 3 smoke detectors).

My elro.things:

Bridge elroconnects:connector:myhub [ connectorId="ST_dcā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..", refreshInterval=120, ipAddress="192.168.13.59" ] {
    smokealarm 1 "ELRO SmokeDetector Kitchen" [ deviceId="2" ]
    smokealarm 2 "ELRO SmokeDetector TechRoom" [ deviceId="3" ]
    smokealarm 3 "ELRO SmokeDetector Laundry" [ deviceId="4" ]
}

Workaround: manually put in pause then reinitialise the thing via UI. The thing moves instantly from offline to online.

Any clue?

Thanks
Andrea

Hi @Mherwege

any update if the binding is compatible also with the new K2 hub?

thanks
Andrea

No, it doesnā€™t and it will not. The protocol seems to be very different. I havenā€™t found any info yet if it would even be possible to reverse engineer the API. Also, I donā€™t have the K2, so could not even try.

1 Like

mmm the problem will be when weā€™ll be forced to move from K1 to K2 (K1 is not in the Elro price list anymore :()