Error 409 means uninstall?

I try to set the weather location in paper UI to Outside (no, not the woies location) but I only recieve a Error 409 conflict. Looking at this community topics, it looks like I have to uninstall this thing. If I try to remove this thing I get the same Error. What is this?

It isn’t clear from your description what Thing or binding you are talking about. But usually errors like that can be solved with Clear the Cache

I have a YahooWeather Binding and so a Weather Information thing. This thing has a name: Weather Information and an option location (this is the location I talk about to set to Outside). In the Configuration Parameters there is also a location but for the WOIED syntax. It seems to me that the Weather information (this thing) is located outside so I would like to have it outside. But that gives me the error 409 conflict. I have cleared /var/lib/openhab2/cache and /var/lib/openhab2/tmp now twice but the error remains the same.

I don’t use this binding so I don’t know what “set to Outside” means. But you should configure the binding either in PaperUI or the .cfg file, not in both places.

It is a bit tricky with things.
You have two options to install things:
First: use Paper UI and configure your thing: In your case it is called Weather Information
Second: you could do it "manually in creating a file in /etc/openhab2/things

And here is the problem: If you discover a Yahooweather.things file (maybe it has a different name)in /etc/openhab2/things you can not edit Weather Information thing in Paper UI.
If you want to edit things in Paper UI you have to make sure (simply delete the file(s)) corresponding things files are not in /etc/openhab2/things folder.
Removing/reinstalling things from Paper UI does not solve your problem as long your /etc/openhab2/things folder is not “cleared”.

1 Like