Error "Request explicitly cancelled" on Apple Watch App upon launch

When I launch the Apple Watch App (iOS App 2.4.49 with openHAB 3.3 on Raspi/Docker) I almost always get the error “Request explicitly cancelled”.

Sometimes pressing “retry” (multiple times) works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Is there a possibility to debug this / get further hints on the error?

I jut saw this error too a couple of minutes ago, but in my case it just vanished and my normal Sitemap appeard on the watch…

You’re right, patience solves the problem: After waiting for 2 - 3 seconds, the error disappears. Still a bit odd. Configuration problem? Or bug that should be reported in order to be fixed?

I experienced the same thing. I was encouraged by this thread, but no matter how many times I pressed retry, same result.

Then I tried power cycling the Apple Watch, and now it works.

That made it work on the local network. To make it work on an internet connection, I had to uncheck the Always Send Credentials box. It was sending the myopenhab.org login credentials to the local server. It now works both locally connected and over the Internet.

Hey everyone,

could we re-open this thread? I’ve been having similar problems for months (but never thought to look here).

Apart from the error in the first post (request cancelled), which resolves on its own after 1-2 secs, I also get (randomly?) one of the following (that all resolve when I hit retry):

• Error: URLSessionTask failed with error: An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made.
  • Error: URLSessionTask failed with error: The network connection was lost.
  • Error: URLSessionTask failed with error: The operation couldn’t be completed. Bad file descriptor

Seeing the SSL error prompted me to change the self-signed certificate in the Jetty keystore with a proper Let’s Encrypt certificate (using a domain and everything), but the problems remain. It also doesn’t matter if the watch is connected to my Wi-Fi or not.

Thanks!

hope your solution would help me

I see the same thing. I have grown accustomed to it and find that most of the time if I am patient, it works. I believe I experience it more (or mostly) when I am switching between Wifi and mobile connectivity (I have an Apple Watch 7 with cellular).

(Even with these minor quirks, I love being able to control a few things from my Watch using openHAB.)

I have more than 26 items displayed on my apple watch page. I still do not get used to the launch error, no matter what I do, I usually get one error out of these three, mostly it is the network which was said to be lost:

Error: URLSessionTask failed with error: An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made.

Error: URLSessionTask failed with error: The network connection was lost.
Error: URLSessionTask failed with error: The operation couldn’t be completed. Bad file descriptor

It does not make a difference if I’m on wifi in my local network or using an eSim 4G connection. It tried to experince with all combinations of the parms in question:

• local URL http or https
  • always send credentials (only works with https)
  • ignore SSL certs
    webcache always cleared of each change, no matter, the launch error stays the same, and I have to push the retry button in order to get the page displayed, just waiting some seconds does not fix the issue. Anyone successfully using the Openhab app on the watch without this launch error ?