<modeType>HEAT</modeType>
                <modeType>OFF</modeType>
                <modeType>FULL_POWER</modeType>
                <modeType>HEAT_ECON</modeType>
              </modeTypes>
              <isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported>
            </COMMAND__CLASS__THERMOSTAT__MODE>
          </entry>

Maybe I miswrote it. The “sensor_temperature” channel exists in habmin, but gives me no data anymore. With z-wave 2.3 binding all went well. The other channels are working.

Indeed,

<entry>
            <commandClass>COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_MODE</commandClass>
            <COMMAND__CLASS__THERMOSTAT__MODE>
              <version>1</version>
              <instances>1</instances>
              <control>false</control>
              <versionSupported>3</versionSupported>
              <modeTypes>
                <modeType>OFF</modeType>
              </modeTypes>
              <isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported>
            </COMMAND__CLASS__THERMOSTAT__MODE>
          </entry> 

OH 2.4 M6

Sorry, I used wrong replay button :smile:

If I understood the manual right, there is no “manual”-state available. Only the 4 in the xml file. Seams all is OK.

Extract from the manual

That’s what we are talking about. Manual control of the valve.

You are right, I misinterpreted this.

Can you verify this, please?
Since snapshot 1443 I get no temperature value any more. Channel is there, but no value received from device.

This topic is about unsupported mode type 31 of the Spirit Z-Wave Plus.
Please open a new topic with your problem. I’m sure you’ll get answers … :wink:

And it appears to be defined properly in the database.
Device%20List%202018-11-28%2007-29-46

I think @chris will need to chime in on this one…

Maybe the entire xml file of a Spirit node is needed…

network_ee3a339d__node_2.xml (16.8 KB)

Can I possible to resolve this issue or we need edit in binding?

I would also like to bump this. I used manual mode successfully with Fhem, but am unable in OpenHAB2 with the above message:
[ERROR] [lass.ZWaveThermostatModeCommandClass] - NODE 5: Unsupported mode type 31
[WARN ] [nverter.ZWaveThermostatModeConverter] - NODE 5: Generating message failed for command class = COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_MODE, endpoint = 0

I noticed this myself as well, but for now it sufficied for me to regulate temperature, or set to 0 or 100% (OFF and BOOST/FULL POWER) respectively.

I just checked the file that @FraPi provided, which only has the following mode types for COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_MODE :

<modeTypes>
    <modeType>OFF</modeType>
</modeTypes>

So indeed Manual seems to be missing here.

This list is derived from the device itself. So, either the binding isn’t discovering this mode, or the device is not reporting that it supports this mode.

Please can you provide a debug log from the initialisation of the device - delete this XML file, and restart the binding with debug logging enabled.

@chris, I stopped the Z-wave binding, removed the XML file of one of my Eurotronic Spirit thermostats, Node 35 in this case, and restarted the Z-wave binding. Then I waited until all things in Habmin showed a normal status (so no Request, Ping or anything anymore), and I copied the log from the last stop Debug until that moment, see the link below:

Thanks.

So from the log, it confirms that the reason that MANUAL doesn’t appear in the XML file, is because the device doesn’t report to support this mode.

We see the binding request the list of modes below -:

Below is the data returned - the 88 is the mode list - only 2 bits set
01 0A 00 04 00 23 04 40 05 03 88 18

Bits 3 and 7 are set - so that equates to HEAT and FURNACE.

Thanks chris.
For my understanding, does this mean that the device says it doesn’t support this mode, or does it mean that the device refuses this mode when you try to set it to the manual mode (31)?

And given your answer, should the list (that is also shown in Paper UI) be changed somewhere?

It means that when the binding asks the device for the list of modes it supports, the manual mode is not listed.

Of course, it doesn’t mean that it’s not supported - it might be - but that is why it’s not in the XML. If it IS supported, then we’d need to find a way to override the device report and I can’t remember if the binding allows that at the moment or not.

Possibly - these are the modes that are listed in the database. Arguably they should be updated if it’s wrong, but without more work I can’t be sure if the issue is the report, or the fact that the mode isn’t supported.

The manual refers to it as “Manufacturer Specific”. See this post Eurotronic Spirit - Unsupported mode type 31.

Yes - this is the correct name (it got named MANUAL before the ZWave spec was available), but it doesn’t matter what it’s called. The bottom line is it doesn’t report that it supports mode 31 - we can call mode 31 anything we want, it will not change the fact it’s not reporting it…