Ewelink / Sonoff Binding - New binding without flashing

I have noticed another behavior with the TH16 connected to the cloud only, every minute or 2 minutes it flicks to 0C then gives the proper reading again.
This will be problematic when setting rules for example turn a pump for 10 minutes after 70C is reached, as this will continue to be triggered when changing from 0 to 70 (as an example).
Thoughts?

Iā€™ll be looking at tomorrow see if I can pin it down
If itā€™s every minute can you look at the api response in the logs and send me the complete log for say 30 mins (pm the actual file)

@espresso Iā€™ve just ordered a TH16 with temp/hum sensor (the si one) so Iā€™ll have one to test in a couple of days if I canā€™t narrow down.

Iā€™ve also got an rgb-cct (b05) bulb coming to get integrated.

This is great that youā€™re getting a TH16.
Still need me to send you the logs (30 minutes)?

yeah you can doā€¦ might be able to get it fixed sooner as bank holiday weekend so not sure when it will come. do it from initial startup (dropping the jar in), could you change log level to trace as i get more data from the lan connection this way. just need to hash out user/pass in first connection response (keep meaning to do this automatically but slips my mind).

New version (2.4):
3.x: SonoffJars/org.openhab.binding.sonoff-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT_v2.4.jar at main Ā· delid4ve/SonoffJars Ā· GitHub
2.5.x: SonoffJars/org.openhab.binding.sonoff-2.5.13-SNAPSHOT_v2.4.jar at main Ā· delid4ve/SonoffJars Ā· GitHub

• Stabilized Thing Statuses
  • Added device automatic re-initialization for things already present when cache file is created through discovery
  • Added support for 1 way LAN supported devices
  • Various other bug fixes

@espresso can you try TH16 now. I havenā€™t set mine up yet but hopefully fixed under bullet 3.

Sorry guys, just noticed a typo in the code causing an error for certain devices. fixed.

2.5.x: SonoffJars/org.openhab.binding.sonoff-2.5.13-SNAPSHOT_v2.4r1.jar at main Ā· delid4ve/SonoffJars Ā· GitHub
3.x: SonoffJars/org.openhab.binding.sonoff-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT_v2.4r1.jar at main Ā· delid4ve/SonoffJars Ā· GitHub

No luck with the updated Binding still showing offline when I choose LAN mode only

Ok ill fire mine up tomorrow.

Try clearing the cacheā€¦ mine is working good (switch) on the newest version.

Iā€™ve found the bug with the temp/humā€¦ Inconsistencies in the apiā€¦ sometimes itā€™s ā€˜temperatureā€™ other times itā€™s ā€˜currentTemperatureā€™.

Should have it fixed shortly.

great news,
I will wait for your updated binding and clear the cache (not a big fan and take a bit of work afterwards to get things running).
Will do it once to test and let you know the results

Tell me about itā€¦ and Iā€™m testing on a live system :upside_down_face:
Not all my items come back on first start. Have to restart again

New version 2.4r2

• Fixed TH device temp/humidity
  • Added support for B05 RGB-CCT bulb (local in/ cloud out)

2.5.x: SonoffJars/org.openhab.binding.sonoff-2.5.13-SNAPSHOT_v2.4r2.jar at main Ā· delid4ve/SonoffJars Ā· GitHub
3.x: SonoffJars/org.openhab.binding.sonoff-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT_v2.4r2.jar at main Ā· delid4ve/SonoffJars Ā· GitHub

Hi Dave, may you have a look on name convention of binding? Looks itā€™s not working because of name as my threat below:

This version works on other instances of openhab you say?
Can anyone else confirm it works (maybe I forgot to change something from the 2.5 merge)
Really need to see log tho when you drop it in

Hi Dave,

yes I have my test instance and i work in another one didnā€™t work but it was a replacing from ā€œlegacyā€ 3 SNAPshot to this latest one. How do we collect logs to see it from one is not working?

Openhab.log
Should show any errors when you add the binding

I did not see any wanr/info or either error log related binding. Not sure whatā€™s happening wiht this prod instance, but looks like is not able to load the binding.

Thanks for your time

Iā€™ll look in the morning. Prob me
Only tested the 2.5 version so will be something silly

1 Like

Dave,

just FYI, Ihave added version 3.0 and it shows below message on log now:
2021-04-09 18:12:00.091 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.sonoff-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.sonoff [38]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]