Factory-resetting Fibaro FGS 222 relay switches

One thing I’ve always wondered: why are there three switch channels for these relays in openHab (switch_binary, switch_binary1 and switch_binary2)? switch_binary and switch_binary2 seem to be the “real” ones, so what’s switch_binary1?

The docs only mention switch_binary1 and switch_binary2.

I’ll hook some test items up to the switch_binary1 channels to see what they do.

Answer: switch_binary1 doesn’t seem to do anything.

I have a handful of FGS-223 switches and they only have two channels, binary_switch1 and swwitch_binary2. They have been working ok and no major issues doing a factory reset (sometimes a few retries are needed before it takes effect) as I can recall.

That said, I’m not spending any more money on Fibaro devices due to this issue:

Take a look at the Heltun High-load switch based on the Z-Wave 700 series chip. It’s an in-box relay. Sounds like it may be a good fit for you since it’s designed for… high load. It can be firmware flashed to any region. They also make a 5-channel relay in a single package (Quinto). I’m about to try that with OH for a junction box with 4 light switches inside (rather than two double switches)

Aeotec, and Zooz both make in-box relays.
Zoos just released a new, very compact 700-based double-switch. It has a wire pigtail and an internal antenna which isn’t my preference in most situations, but their sales rep said that they did market research showing that most installers (not DIY’ers) want pigtails.

I think, when I briefly installed the FGS-223, that I also got three switch channels. Odd.

I haven’t had any problems with the Fibaro sockets yet. Four years and counting.

I appreciate the tip but I now have everything working with the FGS-224 relays.

I have similar issue with factory resetting 4 of my Fibaro Relay switches? Is the problem solved?

I never managed to revive them. I’ll have another go at some point, but the solution for me was buying the FGS-224 relays. :man_shrugging:

Thank you for your reply. I am in touch with Fibaro let me see what I can do.