FHT Binding: Not working with newest binding

Hi,

i wanted to switch from my EZControl to a more open system, so i decided to try openHAB in the newest version 2.1 release. I own different devices from FS20, HMS, Intertechno and FHT and i made the first 3 work perfectly - but for FHT i really need some help.

I use two nanoCULs with newest firmware and both are working (i run openhab2 as root to get complete access to the CULs). I can communicate with intertechno via the 433 Mhz one and with FS20 via the 868 Mhz one (ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1) and all is fine, but not for FHT.

I added the FHT binding from newest build 1.11-SNAPSHOT from Cloudbees and added the fht.cfg like this:
device=serial:/dev/ttyUSB0
housecode=165F

I checked again the housecode of my FHT80b-3 and it is 082 and 043 so -> 522B in HEX. I added an item like this:
Number WaermeWohnzimmer “Wohnzimmer Temp. [%.1f °C]” {fht=“housecode=522B;datapoint=MEASURED_TEMP”}

After a restart i get a very good looking output in logs:

18:45:41.869 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.fht ] - BundleEvent STARTING - org.openhab.binding.fht
18:45:41.876 [DEBUG] [ab.binding.fht.internal.FHTActivator] - FHT binding has been started.
18:45:41.892 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.fht ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService}={event.topics=openhab/command/*, service.pid=org.openhab.fht, component.name=org.openhab.binding.fht.binding, component.id=172, service.id=296, service.bundleid=188, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.binding.fht
18:45:41.927 [INFO ] [ternal.serial.CULSerialConfigFactory] - Update config, baudrate = 38400
18:45:41.929 [INFO ] [ternal.serial.CULSerialConfigFactory] - Update config, parity = NONE (0)
18:45:41.939 [WARN ] [io.transport.cul.CULLifecycleManager] - CUL config is NULL, doing nothing
18:45:41.971 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.fht ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigReader, org.openhab.binding.fht.FHTBindingProvider}={component.name=org.openhab.binding.fht.genericbindingprovider, component.id=173, service.id=295, service.bundleid=188, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.binding.fht
18:45:41.972 [INFO ] [ternal.serial.CULSerialConfigFactory] - Update config, baudrate = 38400
18:45:41.975 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.fht ] - BundleEvent STARTED - org.openhab.binding.fht
18:45:41.979 [INFO ] [ternal.serial.CULSerialConfigFactory] - Update config, parity = NONE (0)
18:45:41.993 [INFO ] [b.core.service.AbstractActiveService] - FHT Refresh Service has been started
18:45:41.996 [DEBUG] [nhab.binding.fht.internal.FHTBinding] - Processing 0 waiting FHT temperature commands
18:45:42.019 [WARN ] [io.transport.cul.CULLifecycleManager] - CUL config is NULL, doing nothing
18:45:42.026 [INFO ] [ternal.serial.CULSerialConfigFactory] - Update config, baudrate = 38400
18:45:42.027 [INFO ] [ternal.serial.CULSerialConfigFactory] - Update config, parity = NONE (0)

and afterwards i get every minute this output:
18:46:42.000 [DEBUG] [nhab.binding.fht.internal.FHTBinding] - Processing 0 waiting FHT temperature commands

But i never receive any information from my device :frowning: also a SET of a desired temperature (DESIRED_TEMP) via another item is not setting anything to the device finally - here the output looks like this:

18:49:20.012 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘WaermeWohnzimmer’ received command 17
18:49:20.031 [DEBUG] [nhab.binding.fht.internal.FHTBinding] - internalReceiveCommand() is called!
18:49:20.036 [DEBUG] [nhab.binding.fht.internal.FHTBinding] - Queuing new desired temperature
18:49:20.062 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - WaermeWohnzimmer changed from NULL to 17
18:49:42.005 [DEBUG] [nhab.binding.fht.internal.FHTBinding] - Processing 1 waiting FHT temperature commands

But the 17 is never received by my device…

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is? Maybe i need to pair my openhab2 with the fht device? Is the current version of the binding buggy? I read that someone had a running version in openhab 1.7 and never afterwards? Do i need an additional addon to make it work finally?

Thanks for help!
Marcus

Hi @Octalus ,

i’m currently thinking about installing a fhem server next to my openhab, just for controlling my fht items via REST. I’m not able to set a value for my valves or for DESIRED_TEMP.

Regards
Simon

Are there any plans to upgrade the fht addon to a working openhab2 addon? It makes no sense for me to use openhab2 if my heating control via fht is not working :slightly_frowning_face:

I dont See development on addons in github for a while…

I am using the latest version of openhabian with openhab 2.1 and also the fht binding in the version 1.11-SNAPSHOT. Controlling the FHT devices has only worked after I changed on each FHT “Cent” to “NA” and waited up to the time openhab/fht had send the first command to each of them.

But I found that the fht binding does not support functions I would like to use like the holiday mode, like setting all FHT to preset low or high temperature etc. etc. So I would be happy if there is activity to write a new fht openhab2 addon and would volunteer to co-work on that.

Dirk

Hey,

Switching each FHT “Cent” to “NA” does not change anything for me. I get the feeling that there is a Bug in the Firmware of my nanoCul. I flashed the newest Firmware which has the same version like for Cul v3 sticks but all people with a v3 stick have more success.

In general the nanostick is working because i handle fs20 devices successfully…

@Dirk : my guess is that you use Cul v3 from BUSWARE, right? And fht is receiving Temperatur and setting Temperatur from/to a fht80b device? If this is the case i will buy also a v3 and my main problem is the nanocul…

Thanks for answer

I am using a CUL CC1101 transceiver 868 MHz (selfmade CUL)

screen /dev/ttyACM0
VH => CUL_V3
V => 1.67 CUL868

I am actually as well in the phase of setting up my OpenHAB with FHT (and FS20 and KS300/S300TH) and I am interested in exchange of good OpenHAB setting (items, sitemaps, rules…) e.g. how to get to a good representation of the thermostat, the battery status and how to design a slider to set the temperature w/o generating too many FHT commands. I am also interested how to set all FHTs at once to preset comfort or low temperature, how to set all FHTs in holiday function for a certain timeframe, how to generate a graphical chart with measured temp, desired temp and valve.

Finally I want to implement a “learning thermostats” using OpenHABs features so each room is learning what is its optimal heating scenario to reach a certain temp at a certain time and maybe even to only heat if one is “present”.

Any exchange is welcome!

Dirk

Hey,

i have a v3 Cul Busware stick.
FHT worked for a long time under openhab1.7. But i cant get it work under oh2.

So if anyone has a working FHT on OH2 please let me know what to do. Which bindings, config…

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris,

I have a working FS20, FHT, S300TH (with KS300 weather station) system running under openhab2. I have used exclusively 1.11.0-SNAPSHOT versions from all bindings. You can get them from here: https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB1-Addons/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bundles/binding/

Hope that helps!
Dirk

Thank you for the answer Dirk.

But can you please give me more details about you config?
List of needed bindings: FHT, Serial, CUL ? Which version?
Look of the FHT config file?

When i add these bindings in my running openhab2 setting i get this in my systemlog:

2017-09-12 19:27:09.641 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.serial-1.11.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.serial [250]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:392)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1253)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.6]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1225)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.6]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:512)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.6]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:361)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.6]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:312)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.6]
2017-09-12 19:27:09.641 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.fht-1.11.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.fht [248]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.io.transport.cul
    -> Export-Package: org.openhab.io.transport.cul; bundle-symbolic-name="org.openhab.io.transport.cul"; bundle-version="1.11.0.201709100109"; version="0.0.0"
       org.openhab.io.transport.cul [249]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:392)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1253)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.6]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1225)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.6]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:512)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.6]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:361)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.6]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:312)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.6]
2017-09-12 19:27:09.642 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.io.transport.cul-1.11.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.io.transport.cul [249]

Hi Dirk,

i have a selfmade nanoCUL (CC1101 868 MHz transceiver) with Firmware 1.67 CUL868.
I get no messages (just only waiting FHT temperature commands).
I tested the CUL with FHEM and here it works like a charm.

In your setup it seems it appears on /dev/ttyACM0 my CUL is on USB…
But in general it seems to work i can switch FS20 Poweroutlets. But FHT is not working i tried so many things.
May you could mail your working firmware v1.67 (should be the same but who knows) and your working FHT Binding. My eMail obermeier.johann(at)googlemail.com

My Items and Sitemap is correct. Everything works as it should with an orig. Busware CUL (i got it for testing from my brother). My conclusion nanoCUL differs in some way from Original.

Thank you!

Greets Jason

Hi there,

i´m struggling since few days with the same issue :frowning:
Selfmade nanoCUL is working like a charm on FHEM but not on Openhab.
I have installed latest Openhab release 2.3, FS20 binding, set

-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyUSB0

and my fs20.cfg to

fs20:device=serial:/dev/ttyUSB0

and a simple sitemap with one of my switches.
Unfortunately, nothing happens when I try to switch the item.

Another phenomenon I recognized is that I can not change the log level of org.openhab.binding.fs20
to DEBUG. It´s still showing INFO. :thinking:

Thoughts?

1 Like