Fibaro Door Window contact FGK-10x

Thanks - your device isn’t in the database so it will need to be added. I’ll do this today hopefully.

Great, thank you!

I actually thought it was this, but now that I looked at it again at least the protocol version isn’t matching. For what it’s worth, the sensor had 23.05.2016 on the packaging.

I indeed see no association groups defined inside the thing configuration and no option to define it… Could this mean that the required database entries are missing?

It is this device, so it’s in the online database - it’s just that the type/id for your device is not included in the version compiled into the binding.

Maybe - is the type/ID shown the same as the screenshot above? If so, it’s not in the database yet.

Yep, same type/ID pair.
However, the binding now sets the name of the thing correctly (wrt the version of a couple of weeks ago) and also assigns a set of channels that were not associated before…

From this statement, I assume that you are using OH2? If so, this device IS in the OH2 database which is why you see the thing being set correctly…

Life’s confusing these days… :wink:

That explains a lot of things…

I completely agree :confounded:

Hi Chris,

I have been having issues with this device as well, just to check is it now included in the snapshot daily for OH1?

If not can it be included?

I have managed to get this working via a mix of config tools (openhab and the raz-pi one) but i think some of the settings got messed up because the battery barely lasted two weeks. Could this be caused by super messed up configuration?

Cheers

Sorry - I’ve just added it now. It will be in tomorrows snapshot…

Thanks so much Chris, I just edited my post before you replied. Any idea on the battery life question?

I’ve got a number of these and the battery lasted a year or two.

I would make sure that the wakeup interval isn’t set too short (I use 3600 seconds), otherwise I’m not sure what else would cause a reduced battery.

Yeah that was what mine was (wakeup interval), also used with an external magnetic switch wired close to my doorbell solenoid.

I don’t think it was ever properly configured in HabMin and never correctly displayed wakeup times except when manually woken up by pushing the button in addition it was always grey and never had proper settings, so hopefully this caused it to go flat somehow. I have ordered a new battery anyway and will try that :wink:

Hi Chris, one final question :slight_smile:

I see in the XML in the pull request that no association groups are mentioned, does this mean that HabMin will not be able to automatically configure them? If not can they be configured manually some how?

Hmmm - well spotted. It appears they are missing from the database :unamused:. So, yes, that means you won’t be able to manually, or automatically configure them…

Any volunteers to add them :wink:

The bindings are in the manual but just as titles as mentioned further up the thread. How do they get added to the database?

Someone needs to type them in…

If you have an account, then on the FGK101 page, scroll to associations (which the link should take you to) then click the + button to add an association (and repeat for all associations…

If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to register, and then I’ll need to give you edit access… (I just saw you register, so you now have access - thanks).

Just created an account, same username as here, can I get edit rights?

Done - thanks.

Any tips on filling in an association?

I don’t really get what to put for Group ID or Max Nodes

I assume controller makes the association between the node an the controller so I want this checked for all of them?