Which version of OH2 (and the zwave binding) do you use? The smoke sensor seems to be a little “special” to get it going and Chris made some changes to the binding recently. Maybe you haven’t the latest version?
And have you added them just in the last minutes/hours? If so, let them wake up some more times (preferrable the automatic wakeup, not the triggered one). There is some data to be transferred and maybe the device “needs some time”.
I run version: 2.0.0~20170103034422 of OH2. Not shure where to find the version of the binding.
I first added all a couple of days ago. Yesterday I removed them all with “exclude devices” and added them again. So they all have been connected for aprox 24 hours now. What I see on all of them is:
This also could be a problem. Have you also resetted the device itself? I did the same with my smoke sensor and have realized that they were nevertheless some “artifacts” left on the controller. Every new inclusion was successful, but I couldn’t communicate with the device. I had to use a tool called Zensys to remove the old nodes. See here:
You can check if this is also your problem by enabling DEBUG logging and then do a manual wakeup of the sensor (tripple button press). Does this produce any logging informations? If so, then it’s alright. If not, you might have the same problem as me.
delete the thing and the node xml (only if the device was fully initialized. Otherwise I would suggest to exclude it again and also delete all shadows in the controller, followed by a reset of the device)
update/upgrade your installation to get the latest zwave binding (yours is from 2017/01/03 and the probably necessary changes in the binding were on 2017/01/09 (be aware of the latest changes in the repository structure yesterday!))
check if you have the latest binding (log into the karaf console and type bundle:list to get a full list of all installed packages).
re-add the device (or include it again, based on what you did above). Check the configuration parameters. Do update/change them if necessary. Wake it up 2-3 times (for me 2 times were enough) and see if the xml was created.
I’m not sure if its just a placebo effect, but the whole zwave part seems much faster now. The traffic between the devices after a server reboot is over after a few minutes. Earlier this could take 30 mins or more before everything settled.