Fibaro RGBW Controller 2 (FGRGBW-442) - Device unknown - Openhab 2.4.0-1 Release-Build

You have a different device type / ID. Perhaps you are in a different Z-Wave region.In any case yur experience with your different device is hot helpful here.

What 2.5 Snapshot?? the 2.5.0 snapshots are VERY old. If you are running the current stable version of OH it is possible to manually update just the zwave binding to the latest snapshot by using an install script.you then need to delete the Thing from OH and rediscover to get the new binding settings.

The database entry for your device was last updated late last month so updating the binding is recommended.

Zigbee and Z-Wave manual install script - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

1 Like

Might be, or it is older. I have newer one as well bought mid last year and it works perfect as well. I will check it later today. I just realized it when I sent the post.

1 Like

Sorry for poor info (at the late hour it all made sense in my head lol)
I updated to latest stable a few days ago, after my openhabian running without issue for months. All went well. Added the fibaro rgbw controller 2 yesterday with the unknown issue. Was having trouble with the inclusion process though. I have an aeotec usb stick. I removed from my pi, put it in inclusion mode, got the positive indicators from the stick and the fibaro. But returning the stick to the pi hosed all network connections and I had to reboot to get everything working again. Tried that process several times, including deleting the thing and excluding the fibaro. Then moved to the habmin inclusion process, which got the same unknown device issue.
At that point I found this thread, started poking around with the zwave database data, the xml file (which is created and has what looks like valid data for the device), and everything seemed to be right. So I switched to the snapshot version, just for another option.
So currently running 2.5.4~20200331073648-1 build 78 on raspberry pi 3 openhabian

I’ll update binding and report back. Thanks Bruce and kovacs for responding.

UPDATE: Updated the zwave binding to the latest snapshot version 2.5.4-20200331.033911-4, and viola, it is recognized. I guess I thought it had had time to be included in the latest update to the stable release, but I guess that is what I get for thinking. Thanks again for pointing me to the solution! I now can control the controller lol