Fibaro Smart Implant FGBS-222

Hi, I just got new z-wave sensor FGBS-222
It seems that it is not added in database for z-wave devices
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devices

I can put it in there, but please check if it will be possible based on this document before I start

I’m not used to z-wave naming, but it seems that some parameters are missing in there (starting with #20 and skipping some numbers), also what these 'endpoint’s means (are these channels?)

It managed to send some information to controller, it seems that it contains all data ‘endpoints’ from documentation, but no available channels :confused:
network_e3e73faa__node_9.xml (32.3 KB)

I added it into database, https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1005 , but I have problem configuring endpoints and channels.

Hi, so is it possible to successfully integrate the sensor? I have got such a sensor, but it is not found in the database.

Hi, it is in database for some time, I don’t know what’s the process but it seems it is not fully imported into jar. Database version have configured attributes but I don’t know how to configure endpoints.

There is some more work required.

Does anyone know if this would work with an Electric Door strike? I’m trying to basically get my dumb, electric strike to turn a switch ON when it triggers.

This device provides only several contacts that needs to be connected the right way to work properly. If you can not figure out if it will work with your doors, it will be hard for you to connect it properly. Please, don’t do that.
Buy door lock that is already integrated with smart functions instead.

You cant get electric strikes with zwave as yet…

How can we solve that, I have no glue how to solve the problem with the endpoints. I think this device is a very usefull device, because its quite small and very easy to connect.

I managed to make it work somehow, but instead of input it is reporting into output channel. Have not tryed to send ON/OFF to output channel until now (nothing connected yet). If you want I can send you mine xml config (didn’t managed to insert my values for endpoint into cd-jackson app).

This device is new and nobody that knows Z-Wave+Openhab+Z-Wave Binding bothers with it, it is even hard to find definitions for this device in other home systems. Fibaro documentation is good though.

Main problem I see is that it needs 12V on input, probably will not work on battery (for long) and can control only low power (you need additional circuit to make it work), but it is universal, thats good.

All right, thanks very much. Your xml will help. Mine is built in a door opener, which has a 24 Volts DC supply. First I just want to open the door with a output channel. I was impressed how tiny the device is. Its just as big as a thumb. But if you have a DC power supply, which you can find in almost every device with a controller, the implant sensor is a nice option.

It can work in range of 9-30V, sorry for missinf.
There is mine xml, maybe slightly different from one on cd-jackson. When I short input, I can see it in logs but under OUT channel. But attributes works. I have not tested lifelines.
fgbs222_0_0.xml (20.9 KB)

1 Like

Thanks very much. I will have a look. Maybe @chris could help out in this case.

So what’s the status in this?

I’m running 2.5.0~M1-1 and when I try to include the node i get the following warning:
NODE 16: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 010F:0502:1000::5.0

/t

My guess is, that the wrong device information is still not corrected. Like I said I am not able to correct it, cause I have no glue of the device data.

Release 2.5.0M1 is from January … you can not have device released in february in january code …
It is defined only in master so it will get into next Milestone, or you can update to SNAPSHOT version to get it now.

As I said, configuration in Chris’s db does not need to work as you expect, at least I have not defined endpoints in there, attributes are ok though.

That is obvisously a good point.
Since this is my production system I’m somewhat reluctant to run snapshots any idea when next milestone is expected?

It

You can take your Milestone version of Z-wave and compile it with updated config. Or you can take only snapshot version of Z-wave binding.
Anyway, SNAPSHOTS are stable enough to run in home, most of the time. And if you find problem you can report it and help … it will be better to report it sooner than to report it after release (if the problem happens only in some special case, it is not very likely to be found and you meet it in Release anyway)

OK,
Uninstalled M1 binding
Put the snapshot jar in addons directory.
Looking in the karaf console it shows up as active.

openhab> bundle:list -s |grep zwave
230 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201904131605 │org.openhab.binding.zwave

No zwave functionality after restart.
The following in openhab.log (and yes the same serial port as before with no changes in rights)

2019-04-15 16:23:05.169 [INFO ] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Connecting to serial port ‘/dev/ttyAMA0’
2019-04-15 16:23:05.184 [WARN ] [erial.internal.SerialPortManagerImpl] - No SerialPortProvider found for: /dev/ttyAMA0

Any suggestions?
/t

In Thing config for your USB controller, in properties, you have to set port to use, I have /dev/ttyAMA0 but also /dev/ttyACM0 which is used. Try to switch it, maybe it got reset when changing version.