Fibaro Wall Plug not recognized (FGWP101 Metered Wall Plug Switch)

I’ve updated the database to reflect the info here - I’ll publish the update tonight.

1 Like

I have 4 nodes all identical with no issues at all (running released OH2.2)

Device name FGWP102
Device Type 0602
Device Id 1001
Version 3.2

@norbert_jordan They only way that I’m aware of, is using a Fibaro HomeCenter (lite) to upgrade the module firmware. I had to borrow a Fibaro HCL to achieve this since I do not own one myself.

@chris - is there also a test binding available to enables me to use the text based ‘.things’ files to configure my things, or do I need to stick with PaperUI/HABmin to manage my things using the WebGUI?

If there is such a binding available at the moment, could you give me the download link/location?

Anyhow, thanks again for your help and support in this matter! Much appreciated!

Yes - you can use the development binding (ie the security version). The problem is that if you use text based thing definition you will not be able to configure any zwave things via the UI. You will therefore need to find some other software to configure your system. This is something I tried to fix, but it was rejected by ESH :frowning: .

After installing the latest binding version the FGWP101 is back alive, thanks a lot!

Ah - this probably answers my question on the other thread :wink: Thanks.

Hi,

i installed the Binding from 20.01 and readded the Fibaro WallPlug but its still unknown.
Is there something i need to do more?

Thank you,
Jörg

Same here.

Maybe restart the system?

I restarted it two times.

I have on (ID:28) that i dont deleted. This one works in Habmin but i get the same error in the Log.
The one (ID:40) i deleted is found as unknown.

But in the log the error is the same:

10:15:45.004 [WARN ] [zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 40: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 010F:0600:1000::25.25
10:15:45.039 [WARN ] [zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 28: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 010F:0600:1000::25.25

wallplug

If you have one device with two different node id’s, you need to get rid of one: go to advanced settings in HABmin, set node to failed and then remove it from the controller.
Sometimes this has to be done more than once and I remember one case where I had to restart openHAB to remove the wrong node.

No …i have two WallPlugs.

Both had the Log Failure

10:15:45.004 [WARN ] [zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 40: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 010F:0600:1000::25.25
10:15:45.039 [WARN ] [zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 28: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 010F:0600:1000::25.25

I deleted Node 40 for readding to stop this failure.
After this it shows the Node as Unknown Device.

I tried to delete both but now after search both are Unknown :frowning:

Its not the same device. I have two WallPlugs

Ahh, then forget my advice.

Then your problem is some kind of strange :sunglasses:

Deleting the two things and reading them should solve that …

@chris

can you please have a short look, yesterday received another 102-Fibaro Wall Plug, but its not recognized after waiting for some hours and re-incluion…

Here are the following details from Habmin

Thanks a lot,
Norbert

That one has a new type and id which was not in the database. I’ve added it.
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/513

ok, thanks a lot.
what does this mean - zwave binding will from now on update from web-repository and i can add it immediately. or it will go in the code with next snapshot release?

Yes.
Meanwhile you could grab your device manual and compare all config parameters if they are the same. I guess that is the case because it has the same firmware version.

I am entierely new to Zwave…so please be patient with me :slight_smile: I run into this exact problem today…do I understand correctly, that I can only update to the latest snapshot to fix this (as this contains the most recent DB)? So sticking with the stable 2.2 will not enable me to fix this?

Thanks

Which one? There are 57 posts in this thread …

In general: zwave database changes which occurred after release of 2.2 stable can only be integrated if you are using the zwave 2.3 snapshot binding or the zwave 2.3 development/security binding.

Sorry, I was referring to the headline :slight_smile: Couldn’t get the Fibaro -102 Version of the plug to work.

Thanks for pointing me to the jar of 2.3, this worked for me.

1 Like