FIND install issue

Hello guys,

I had a problem, when I tried to install FIND3 with the openhabian-config menu (optional components → FIND3).
The tool couldn’t be installed and threw this error window:
There was an error or interruption during the execution of: 20 | Optional Components Please try again

In the console it showed this error information:
Installing required packages for FIND3... FAILED (cython)

After some hours of searching I found this Git issue: FIND3 issues · Issue #1108 · openhab/openhabian · GitHub

The solution is pretty simple:
You need to install “python3-pip” by yourself by using the command
sudo apt-get install python3-pip

The next problem was this problemmessage:
Building FIND3 server... FAILED (build)

I found this openhabian/find.bash at main · openhab/openhabian · GitHub
The error occurs at line 82.

To solve this error, I changed the directory to “/opt/find3/server/main” and run this command:
go build -o find3server -v by msyself. That worked fine for me.

After that go back to your home directory and restart the installation with the help of openhabian-config tool.

I hope it helped some people and saved some time :slight_smile:

Sooo, but now I have a problem where I don’t know what to do:
This time the error message is:
Adding FIND3 to zram... FAILED (sed)
It’s the error in the find.bash file at line 91 to 96. Unfortunaly I don’t understand that… :frowning:

Does anybody has an idea what I could try to get it running?
I’m working at OpenHAB 3.1.0.M3 on a RaspberryPi Model 3b

Please don’t discuss in tutorial threads. I moved your post.

Let us know the openHABian branch and version. And do you use OH2 or 3 ?
Read the debug guide. Set debugmode=maximum in openhabian.conf, retry, record the output and paste it here.

Okay, sorry.

I’m using OpenHAB 3.1.0.M3 - Milestone Build. With a Raspberry Pi Model 3b+.

That’s the output from the debug:

+ echo -n '2021-05-26_00:26:27_CEST [openHABian] Adding FIND3 to zram... '
2021-05-26_00:26:27_CEST [openHABian] Adding FIND3 to zram... + cond_redirect sed -i '/^.*persistence.bind$/a dir       zstd            150M            350M            /opt/find3/server/main          /find3.bind' /tmp/ztab
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ echo -e '\n\033[90;01m$ sed -i /^.*persistence.bind$/a dir    zstd            150M            350M            /opt/find3/server/main          /find3.bind /tmp/ztab \033[39;49;00m'

$ sed -i /^.*persistence.bind$/a dir    zstd            150M            350M            /opt/find3/server/main          /find3.bind /tmp/ztab
+ sed -i '/^.*persistence.bind$/a dir   zstd            150M            350M            /opt/find3/server/main          /find3.bind' /tmp/ztab
sed: /tmp/ztab kann nicht gelesen werden: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
+ return 2
+ echo 'FAILED (sed)'
FAILED (sed)
+ return 1
+ '[' 1 -ne 0 ']'
+ whiptail --msgbox 'There was an error or interruption during the execution of:\n  "20 | Optional Components"\n\nPlease try again. If the error persists, please read /opt/openhabian/docs/openhabian-DEBUG.md or https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/blob/main/docs/openhabian-DEBUG.md how to proceed.' 14 80

I think that’s the interesting part.
The problem is that the file /tmp/ztab doesn’t exist.

In the openhabian-config I can choose in the menu point 38 to use zram. As I’m trying this, it is showing me an error window and in the debug-output it says this:

+ local 'introText=You are about to activate the zram feature.\nBe aware you do this at your own risk of data loss.\nPlease check out the "zram status" thread at https://community.openhab.org/t/zram-status/80996 before proceeding.'
+ local 'lowMemText=Your system has less than 1 GB of RAM. It is definitely NOT recommended to run zram (AND openHAB) on your box. If you proceed now you will do so at your own risk!'
+ local zramInstallLocation=/opt/zram
+ [[ install == \i\n\s\t\a\l\l ]]
+ [[ -f /etc/ztab ]]
+ [[ install == \u\n\i\n\s\t\a\l\l ]]
++ timestamp
++ date +%F_%T_%Z
+ echo '2021-05-26_00:40:24_CEST [openHABian] Refusing to install zram as it is already installed, please uninstall and then try again... EXITING'
2021-05-26_00:40:24_CEST [openHABian] Refusing to install zram as it is already installed, please uninstall and then try again... EXITING
+ return 1
+ '[' 1 -ne 0 ']'
+ whiptail --msgbox 'There was an error or interruption during the execution of:\n  "30 | System Settings"\n\nPlease try again. If the error persists, please read /opt/openhabian/docs/openhabian-DEBUG.md or https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/blob/main/docs/openhabian-DEBUG.md how to proceed.' 14 80

ZRAM is already installed but it isn’t recommended on my System because I have less than 1 GB.
Or should I uninstall zram and install it again in the hope it works after that? I already made a full backup.
Or is simply my RAM (1 GB) to low to get openHAB and FIND3 running?

I asked for the openHABian branch and version so ?

what’s the output of zramctl ? A RPi 3 has 1 GB that’s fine.

The openHABian branch is main but what do you mean with version?

zramctl output:

NAME       ALGORITHM DISKSIZE   DATA COMPR TOTAL STREAMS MOUNTPOINT
/dev/zram1 zstd          200M 120,5M 17,6M 18,7M       4 /opt/zram/zram1
/dev/zram0 lzo-rle       200M   194M 53,8M 56,5M       4 [SWAP]

in the openhabian-config main menu, right about menu entry 0, there is a headline telling you the exact version which is installed. You can see the branch in brackets that is used plus a date and time in braces plus a part of the .github version’ in braces.

Like: [main]{2021-05-24T20:14:38-06:00}(5e1d98e)

Okay thank you. Than this is the version:
[main]{2021-05-24T20:14:38-06:00}(5e1d98e)

I am working on a fix for your issue with the FIND3 install. It is a bug and has to do with a recent change I made to adding services to zram.

1 Like

The fix should be live on the main branch of openHABian. Please let me know if it works for you now.

Works like a charm!

Thank you very much :slight_smile: