First login access denied

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: RPi2B
    • OS: [openHABian v1.5 based on Debian Buster supports RPi4]
    • Java Runtime Environment: default
    • openHAB version: latest stable
  • Issue of the topic:

Hi, after some problems with my old openhabian installation I decided to format my SD card and install the latest stable version of openhabian again. Therefore I did the following:

• I downloaded the latest openhabian image “openhabian-pi-raspbian-201908050414-gitca0976f-crc6a66b5a1.img” from [https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/releases]
  • Flashed it on my SD card using Etcher
  • Inserted my SD card into my RPi and run the installation process. (no error messages occurred)
  • I am able to access the dashboard via openhab:8080
    So far so good.

Here is my problem: On linux terminal I am asked to login to openhab. The message reads as follows:

"Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 openhab tty1
openhab login:
Password: "

I enter openhabian:openhabian but access is denied (says “login incorrect”). I tried several combinations (see also https://community.openhab.org/t/solved-default-username-and-default-password/25156) but without success.
I did the whole installation process before and have never encountered any problems trying to log in. Any ideas whats I am doing wrong?

Many thanks, Thomas

Try connecting via ssh to OH and use the same user and password. Use Putty or whatever works good with your PC’s OS.

It says openhab login. So the username is clearly not openhabian as it should be I think.

This is not really clear, but I assume that you tried to login to the Raspberry Pi via SSH on Linux (in a terminal).
Specify the username when executing the ssh command, something like this should work:

ssh openhabian@<IP-ADDRESS>

Dear all,
thanks for your quick reply.

This is not really clear, but I assume that you tried to login to the Raspberry Pi via SSH on Linux (in a terminal).

First, I tried to login directly on my RPi (Keyboard, Monitor). Alternatively, I used the console via SSH (Putty) openhabian@<IP-ADDRESS>. I tried different passwords (openhabian, habopen, openhab…), but without success. Says ‘access denied’.

Maybe its best I start all over again with flashing the image…

Sounds like a good idea and also check that you have a good power supply to the Pi.

I did the whole installation again (including SD card flashing), now it works without any problems (openhabian:openhabian). It remains a mystery to me. Thanks for helping.