Frontail, broken design

Hello,

i use a Raspberry and new, a vm with ubuntu. Now, i want to change from the RPI to ubuntu and use openhabian.
But the frontail logviewer is broken by design.

openhabian on pi:

ubuntu on vm (top not fixed):

the code is different:

tail -f /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log /var/log/openhab2/events.log

<div class="container-fluid no-horiz-padding">
	<pre class="log"></pre>
</div>

and on vm:

<body>
<nav class="topbar navbar navbar-inverse navbar-fixed-top" role="navigation">
    <div class="container-fluid">
        <div class="row">
            <div class="col-sm-9">
                <span class="navbar-brand" title="/var/log/openhab2/openhab.log /var/log/openhab2/events.log">tail -f /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log /var/log/openhab2/events.log</span>
                <div class="text-right">
                    <button type="button" class="btn btn-light btn-pause" data-toggle="button" aria-pressed="false" autocomplete="off"></button>
                </div>
            </div>
            <div class="col-sm-3">
                <form class="navbar-form-custom" role="search" onkeypress="return event.keyCode != 13;">
                    <input type="text" class="form-control query" placeholder="Filter" tabindex="1">
                </form>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
</nav>

<div class="container-fluid no-horiz-padding">
    <pre class="log"></pre>
</div>

I dont know how the design is different.

Have someone a hint?

aagh, the code is inside the message, but dont show. im confus.

For the second screen it looks like as the css (fortmatting) is broken. Looks very plain at least for the header. Could you open it in the brwoser and look at the debug section of it (–> of the brwoser, not OH) to see if any errors come up?

Thanks for the hint,

but the css is the same.

ok, but did you look at the debug console when opening the page if any errors show up?

How can i make a debug (eg chrome)?
i have only compare the files

Vut the div layer a different…

PI:

VM:

Duh, no idea. I’m not aware of any intentional difference in handling on Raspbian and Ubuntu, but there’s a complex stack of SW involved so who knows, and awkward to debug.
Switch to master branch to get this recent fix https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/pull/1074/files just as a test, that may or may not make a difference. (cc: @ndye)
If I were you I wouldn’t change hardware/OS anyway.

Ok, i have found the error.
Missing bootstrap.min.css. i have copied the file from the PI Installation and all was fine.

There will be a error on installation???

what do you mean?

Thank you so much, it was so annoying having it spaced out like that. I just copied those files from an older Openhabian install to this one and all is well again. I guess the current Openhabian install script is somehow missing those files. That one plus two others, default and dark were not there on the new install. From about 1 month ago.

Ira

It should be fixed now, however the fix has not been added to stable so, you may not see it as fixed until the next patch day.

Hello mstormi,

i mean, that not all files include in the openhab installation script.

Hi Michael,
I have the same problem as you, but don’t understand how to solve. When I open the Browser (Debugger) I can see the following Error-Message:

I think there is also a bootstrap.min.css missing. But I don’t know where to get it and where to put it in.
I’m running an openhabian-Installation (hassle-free).
System-Info:

=========================================== Linux Version ==========================================================
*******  Linux-Version-Info   = Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) (Pretty-Name)
===================================== Openhab-Version Info =========================================================
*******  OH-Version-Info      = openHAB Distribution Version Information 
*******  OH-Version-Info      = ---------------------------------------- 
*******  OH-Version-Info      = build-no        : Release Build 
*******  OH-Version-Info      = online-repo     : https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-release 
*******  OH-Version-Info      =  
*******  OH-Version-Info      = Repository        Version 
*******  OH-Version-Info      = ---------------------------------------- 
*******  OH-Version-Info      = openhab-distro  : 2.5.7 
*******  OH-Version-Info      = openhab-core    : 2.5.0 
*******  OH-Version-Info      = openhab1-addons : 1.14.0 
*******  OH-Version-Info      = openhab2-addons : 2.5.7 
*******  OH-Version-Info      = karaf           : 4.2.7 
====================================================================================================================

Is it possible to get some info from you ?

Cheers - Peter

I have 2 instances of OH on 2 different Pis and I just grabbed it off the other one. Seems like you can get it here:

Ira

@fibu-freak
if bootstrap.min.css would be missing you would get a 404 file not found error.
The message that is shown in your screenshot says that the wrong mime type is being send by the server.
Is your frontail instance “hidden” behind a nginx / reverse proxy ?
In that case you may have to check your nginx / reverse proxy configuration and make sure that the right mime type is being send for the file bootstrap.min.css ; may be even for other css files.

Thx for answering.
It’s a normal install from the openhabian sd-card-image on a RasPi. No extras, nothing hidden, just out of the box (hassle-free).
As I’m a noob, the most of your words are to much for me to understand. Where can I see what mime type is correct ?
I just thought that I have to copy a simple file from here to there. It it seems to be a bit more.

for an explanation of mime-type: MIME - Wikipedia
The browser says that it expects text/css ( correct for style sheets ) but it gets text/html.

Your wrote that you use openhabian. Everything is up to date ?
I do not use openhabian so I am not able to check that in an openhabian environment.

Yes the setup was made with the latest sd-card image. But for me it looks like if I have the same problems as the OP and Micheal posted

So I thought I have to copy a file from here to there. But it doesn’t seem so :roll_eyes:

Run the command:

locate bootstrap.min.css

this should show locations of the file if it is found on the machine.
there might be different files with the same name. Is this file found ?

In my case. with bootstrap.min.css missing I just had double spaced logs using ip:9001. Copying that file to where it was missing from solved the problem. I gave you a link to where you might get that file.

I had the same thing, installing fresh from the openhabian Pi image was missing that file.

Ira

You would need to switch openHABian to master branch to get that fix today. Or wait until next patch day.