Google Assistant configuration of Items

Hi there,

to use the google assistant i have configured my devices as described here:

https://www.openhab.org/v2.2/docs/ecosystem/google-assistant/

But now i found this article:

There is mentioned that the items have to be configured like that: { ga="Switch" }

Now i am a bit confused. Is this the new way? And why it isn’t working with my openhab 2.5?

I’m not certain that the Item metadata approach ( { ga=“Light” } ) is live yet on the server side (i.e. myopenhab.org. When it does go live, my understanding is that the Item tags will still work but yes, this is going to be the new way.

Click on the “Version” in the upper right corner of the page and select 2.5 and you will see the version of the docs as they existed when 2.5 was released.

I think the documentation were updated yesterday, right when I was in the middle of configuring something. It’s slightly disorienting when you’re following instructions and the instructions suddenly change. :wink:

There has been a long open issue that by default the docs should show you only the last release version, not the latest version. But there was some technical problem that could be surmounted.

It’d be nice if they were synchronized, but in the grand scheme of things it’s a minor concern.

Perhaps we could just add the publish date underneath the page title, so that people can see when it was last edited?