Google Home - Actions (API) now available!

Did you run all update routines in the openhabian config tool? Also, try rebooting after upgrading the whole system. See this issue: https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/51276/iptables-nat-table-does-not-exist

Hmmm

Updated/upgrade from command line and rebooted

Only then the iptables command worked

But i still can’t get Google home app to pair with Heu Emulation binding.

Tried with older 1.19.26 and aktuelle app.

For me it seams that there is no real check as the error page is loading too fast

https://hue-adapter.appspot.com/client/#/activate/error?

Could it be Google Home Firmware mine is:
Firmwareversion des Systems: 90387
Cast-Firmwareversion: 1.25.90387

It there a was to check the Heu Emulation binding is aktually working ?

I’ve also tried finding the heu Emulation with the Heu application but i don’t get anything either
 Would this app detect the Emulation?

I have the same problem
 I can not get it to pair either :slight_smile:

First of all, I have no idea what I’m doing in Linux. I just follow How Tos :wink:
In my first installation of OpenHab I also installed knxd, which seems to have affected the network settings in some way, as no emulated HUE lamps were found (also myopenhab was not working).

I reinstalled the whole thing on a brand new SD card for my PI (latest openhabian etc.). Upgraded everything and switched to the 2.2 snapshot. Installed the HUE emulation and enabled pairing.

Next step was to change the ports in the openhab2 file in /etc/default for HTTP to 80. Afterwards I deleted the original HUE connection from my Google Home, as I also have real HUE lamps.

Added it again, and it worked just as Tertius_Hyman wrote. Some redirect to a plugin page and the button on the bridge is “pressed” automatically.

Lamps are found after that. I assume that all of you are already using the [lighting] thing for your items.

However the functionality seems to be broken somehow, as it was working the first days, but starting yesterday dimming seems to be not available anymore. Alexa is still working just fine.

This topic seems to have been hijacked by HueEmulation rather than @MARZIMA work on integrating Google Home directly with OH2.

@MARZIMA - not sure if this is any use, but IoT on DZone are talking about how they tested Google Actions here - https://dzone.com/articles/how-to-test-a-google-home-action

1 Like

Hi @nick_wootton,

the point is not that we dont know how to test, beside the fact the article uses a layer in between you dont need actually.

The Bad news:
The big issue is that the openHAB smarthome action cant be tested within the google assistant app, cause it doesnt occur. I ve open issues and I am in touch with the Google devs, but they move slowly and issue is still there. I even reopened it, since they closed it as “is just your specific problem”.

The Good news:
The official action for openHAB is more or less ready. All the Backend stuff is in place and working. I will add Thermostat logic and some missing last stuffs this weekend.
I went the way to mock away the assistant calls, but all the rest goes to the real openhab backend and cloud APIs, which works pretty well. So you guys soon should be able to control switchable openHAB items + more. This works pretty well on my machine :slight_smile:
as google assistant platform mock in combination with all openHAB backend stuff.

So last but not least, please understand that I dont want to provide you guys with a beta version I ve never tested in the app. I was never able to test the oAuth flow due to Googles bug. As soon I have seen this working I will give all of the folks in this thread the permissions for “openHAB test app”.

If you guys report quickly that it works like charm, we can submit it for officially having it in Google assistant smarthome list.

So I ve a plan and with every message about “why it is not testable or there”, I get more sad on Google. So the best way: I will contact you asap if we can go on and make you guys happy!
I really work on it, but I cant micro manage Googles issue. I will test it again with other devices, but all the accounts didnt work and I dont think it is a android device related issue
more on their cloud plattform.

BR Mehmet

12 Likes

@MARZIMA thanks a lot for the detailed update and great work for a long awaited integration :slight_smile:
it would be great if we have the direct integration working rather than having to workaround it with Hue emulation which does not seem to be as smooth as before
good luck with Google support :slight_smile:

Thanks for the effort. We will try to thank you with a quick and deep test :slight_smile:

I really would like to alpha test the api as Google home is refusing to connect via Phillips heu Emulation

1 Like

Thanks for your work @MARZIMA, count me in for trials.

Thanks @MARZIMA I also developer. I will love to help with any dev or test tasks you need to make it happened.
I will order my google home next week I guess (to Israel - so it’s will take some time). for now I will work with my android phone

Thanks I getting my google home in a week. I been looking at the Dot 2 but google will be better in the future I hope I just hope the support getts better. I am happy with help with testing too.

Short update:
The issue that the action wasnt visible in google assistant app got fixed!!!
But I ran into the next bug/issue https://github.com/actions-on-google/actionssdk-smart-home-nodejs/issues/26

I am in contact with Google devs. So step by step we get closer
myopenhab oAuth seems to work also.
I will keep you guys in the loop
soon we will get it hopefully.

BR Mehmet

8 Likes

That is a big even in published working things in the assistant and happens
regularly. Take hue for example. When editing rooms the server
communication cuts out and gives that exact same error message. Sometimes
when you quit the dialog it indeed has saved the values you tried to store,
sometimes it hasn’t and you have to do it again.

The assistant is very buggy even for published things

Is this the best way to use my Google home with openhab.

Hi, great work. I would love to test it when it ready for testing.

Br
Thomas

No it isnt. This is a mocked example how it wöuld feel like. But you cant used that for openHAB.

Please be patient
there will be an official Google Home openHAB integration soon.

BR Mehmet

4 Likes

Ok I just use the ifttt for now then

Much needed binding!
Thanks Marzima and everyone else that is contributing.
Waiting impatiently to test

Also ready to test on a Google Pixel in German. Can’t wait to finally be able to control my home with google assistant.