Google Home - Actions (API) now available!

Hi MacFly, I thought you were joking but in fact not there is really plans for a mini Google Home that dhould match my need . i will wait.
Please take me informed about the availibility of french language through the upcoming binding.

I agree with myopenhab and ifttt iā€™m quite satisfied about the result in terms of performance and reliability.

Hi!

Iā€™m also volunteering to beta test, Iā€™ve got a Google Home and devices running Google Assistant in Sweden.

BR,

/Janne

Iā€™m also ready! Austria (German) and Google Home ready.

Im ready to beta test this aswell, I am in USA and I have a google home and milight devices running through ifttt

I would like to participate on beta testingā€¦ I have the german version of google home.

I would like to participate in beta testing or/and contribute to implementation.

I would be interested as well.

+1 if looking for someone in France for testing, please feel free to lmet me know.

@marzima Congratulations on your successes in the smart home business and your recent partnership with Porsche, https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/themes/porsche-digital/porsche-digital-partnership-home-ix-smart-living-internet-of-things-14281.html

Working on Open Source projects requires giving up your own time and everyone here is appreciative of the time you have given, but it is also important for the community for contributors to be open about the time they can honestly dedicate to the project, with many competing and changing commitments.

As you will appreciate there is great interest in the Google Home integration, and I think I speak for many here if I can just ask you for an update, and when you will share what you have done so far, and also if you require assistance to complete development work, design, or testing.

Again thank you for your work.

3 Likes

Hi @all,

I am currently preparing the repos and switching all to official openHAB repos. In deed I been busy the last week and already wanted to start the beta test.
It looks like I cant put all in, since then the internas of the project and secrets will be visible.

So as an update:
The stuff gets prepared and beside the Thermostat control things work fine.

I know you all want to test and are ready to play with it. But keep in mind that I was running behind Google for months and I am not sure if you know how much time this took on my side, to be the beta tester of their platform wit openHAB.
So Iam late for a week now and hope to finish the docu. It is always a time issue and I was on the road all the week.

Hope you can understand and I try my best to have it finished.

7 Likes

Hi @all,

can you PM me please your gmail adress, so I can add you to a google group for Beta Testing?
So please be aware, that Google Assistant Smart Home Features are not that far as Alexa Smart Home API Skills.
So actually these Types are supportetd:
action.devices.types.LIGHT
action.devices.types.OUTLET
action.devices.types.SWITCH

I am currently on it to add the Thermostat support soon.
action.devices.types.THERMOSTAT

So you can easily TURN ON/OFF switchable items at home by our openHAB Action with Google Assistant.
I just wanna avoid unhappy faces and questions to me. The capabilities of our openHAB Action is bound to what Google offers, of course.

Please be aware: This is a BETA TEST. There objective is to test the basic functionalities and find possible problems

So as soon I have some PM from the interested people, I will post here how to make the OPENHAB TEST APP occur and which steps need to be done. I ve already created a testing group to add members into it for the test.

BR Mehmet

BR Mehmet

6 Likes

Hi Mehmet,

Im unable to PM for some reason, but would like to be part of the beta test. gmail account is richard.camps at g mail

@MARZIMA i dont see pm option. hmessagie at gmail com

Big thanks for taking the time to build this!
Br,
Herman

Iā€™m also interested in integrating the google assistent SDK into my openhab config.

Currently have it running at boot on my Pi3, using the instructions google provides and a little help from https://gist.github.com/arevindh/ae50e18394625747e6beae600b10e374

Any idea on what would be the best approach? I skimmed through the topic and noticed the hue emulation didnā€™t work? Does anyone know if I can get my genuine Hue system to work with google Assistent SDK?

Hi @All,

thanks I received many beta tester messages. I think my inbox is full now and we have enough for initial tests. Please dont send me more messages :slightly_smiling_face:

I am adding those to test group and if I can get rid of a small Google problem, you should be able to test and play around soon.
I need to write a small howto for the testers, that you know how to set all up in the app etc.

Get back soon again.
Good Sunday

4 Likes

Nice canā€™t wait was going to help with test but looks like you got it

Hi @All,

I ve sent out the Beta testing invitation to join the google group.

PLEASE: Dont send me more messages for Beta Testing, since we have so many testers now. I alredy lost the overview :wink:

At the moment we are facing trouble with the Google Cloud Account and the Google Support is checking it.
Shouldnt be something big, since it is Payment related.

As soon all is ready on the official openHAB Setup, I will post here a howto from the user perspective.
I am also extending the github repo with documentation, so that interested people can join and help contributing.

So hold tigth, soon we can hopefully test together :slight_smile:

BR Mehmet

5 Likes

Update: We are trying to get Google Cloud account of openHAB with payment verification managed.
In the meantime I will write some documentation.
Looking forward to test soon with you!

BR Mehmet

5 Likes

Ok I look forward to testing