HABpanel bundle proof-of-concept (aka. Panel UI)

A little code change is needed so DateTime items are parsed properly, like Paper UI. Canā€™t make it now, probably in a few days. Can you open an issue on GitHub so itā€™s tracked properly? Thanks

Hi,
thanks for your excellent work.
Finally there is an UI that is simple, usable, customizable and NICE!

I am testing under OH1 and I couldnā€™t understand two things:

1. how do you automatically refresh the items status?
    In my installation the widgets do not get refreshed when the status of the item is changed from somewhere else.

2. what should I write in the ā€œCOMMAND VALUEā€ field of a button to turn it ā€œonā€ and ā€œoffā€ when the button is pressed.
    Can you share an example?

Finally are you planning to introduce a Color Picker widget?
That would be awesome.

thanks again

Nice nice, this is the right way! is it possible to install on openhab 2 like habmin/paer UI in the initial menu?

Sorry,
found on https://github.com/ghys/openhab2-addons/releases/tag/panelui-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT

when you have time there is the installation path to change :slight_smile:

Regarding my question number 1, I found a strange thing: on the tablet (iPad, Safari) the items are correctly refreshed, but on the PC (using Firefox) the items are not refreshed.
Is there any reason for this behavior?

EDIT: the automatic refresh worked for a while on the iPad, but now it doesnā€™t work anymoreā€¦
Am I doing something wrong?

The automatic updates on openHAB 1 uses the Atmosphere support of the REST API which unfortunately has issues, not related to HABpanel; I tried for quite some time to make it work reliably without much success. Iā€™ve since upgraded my setup to openHAB 2 which uses SSE and works way better.

(by the way, this thread is for the openHAB 2 bundle, if youā€™re on 1.8 use this one instead)

The Button widget sends a fixed value you specify to an item, if you want ON/OFF behavior thereā€™s the Switch widget.

I should really rewrite the README file at some point :slight_smile:

The color picker is on the todo list.

Hi,
I am terribly sorry for having written in the wrong thread.
Thanks for your reply.
Will continue in the correct thread.

Do you need help for dev?

Pull requests are always welcome :wink:

Yup, I begin :slight_smile:

Hello,
is it possible to use the labels of devices? In openhab 2 I see the id of the device.

A graphic example can be a better explanation

I asked the possibility to rename the name of channels, but is still a question:

Is it possible to do an update of the release package?

Is it correct that values doesn t update?
In Paper UI the switch Zwave work but when i try on Panel Ui it doesn t update.

Thank you

No, they should update. Try on a desktop browser like Chrome, hit F12 and check if thereā€™s something on the Javascript console. The updates from server-side events are logged there.

Interesting idea, but itā€™s exposed by a different API, right now only the items API is used. Will be considering it, donā€™t hold your breath though.

@Kai @ysc Is it possible and are you willing to add habPanel to the experimental section of openhab2?

Thomas

I suggested the same to @ysc already and he is working on it - shouldnā€™t be long until it is available in the distro!

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s on the way :wink:

Started playing with this tonight and its pretty cool. And really looking forward to the use of a color picker widget.

And then possibilities are setting groups? I have 6 color bulbs in my family room, 4 in a Ceiling Fan and then 2 in table lamps. If I could control them all and set different groups/scenes it would be awesome.

Cross-linking from the other thread since this is for OH2 users:

Also, since thereā€™s a dedicated HABPanel category now I think it makes sense to continue the discussion there!

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry But could you please show exactly what you did for us more novice of users?