HABpanel bundle proof-of-concept (aka. Panel UI)

Regarding my question number 1, I found a strange thing: on the tablet (iPad, Safari) the items are correctly refreshed, but on the PC (using Firefox) the items are not refreshed.
Is there any reason for this behavior?

EDIT: the automatic refresh worked for a while on the iPad, but now it doesn’t work anymore…
Am I doing something wrong?

The automatic updates on openHAB 1 uses the Atmosphere support of the REST API which unfortunately has issues, not related to HABpanel; I tried for quite some time to make it work reliably without much success. I’ve since upgraded my setup to openHAB 2 which uses SSE and works way better.

(by the way, this thread is for the openHAB 2 bundle, if you’re on 1.8 use this one instead)

The Button widget sends a fixed value you specify to an item, if you want ON/OFF behavior there’s the Switch widget.

I should really rewrite the README file at some point :slight_smile:

The color picker is on the todo list.

Hi,
I am terribly sorry for having written in the wrong thread.
Thanks for your reply.
Will continue in the correct thread.

Do you need help for dev?

Pull requests are always welcome :wink:

Yup, I begin :slight_smile:

Hello,
is it possible to use the labels of devices? In openhab 2 I see the id of the device.

A graphic example can be a better explanation

I asked the possibility to rename the name of channels, but is still a question:

Is it possible to do an update of the release package?

Is it correct that values doesn t update?
In Paper UI the switch Zwave work but when i try on Panel Ui it doesn t update.

Thank you

No, they should update. Try on a desktop browser like Chrome, hit F12 and check if there’s something on the Javascript console. The updates from server-side events are logged there.

Interesting idea, but it’s exposed by a different API, right now only the items API is used. Will be considering it, don’t hold your breath though.

@Kai @ysc Is it possible and are you willing to add habPanel to the experimental section of openhab2?

Thomas

I suggested the same to @ysc already and he is working on it - shouldn’t be long until it is available in the distro!

1 Like

Yes, it’s on the way :wink:

Started playing with this tonight and its pretty cool. And really looking forward to the use of a color picker widget.

And then possibilities are setting groups? I have 6 color bulbs in my family room, 4 in a Ceiling Fan and then 2 in table lamps. If I could control them all and set different groups/scenes it would be awesome.

Cross-linking from the other thread since this is for OH2 users:

Also, since there’s a dedicated HABPanel category now I think it makes sense to continue the discussion there!

1 Like

I’m sorry But could you please show exactly what you did for us more novice of users?