HABPanelViewer 0.9.27

Swipe to the center from the right side of the screen (or from the left side? try both). Select preferences.

[quote=ā€œvbier, post:643, topic:34112, full:trueā€]
Swipe to the center from the right side of the screen (or from the left side? try both). Select preferences.
[/quote] Hello, I make some pictures. probably my tablet is not suitable

Press the back button, open the menu (just like you did to open the System Information), click on Einstellungen. Open Wertemeldung, then e.g. Helligkeitssensor. Check ā€œHelligkeitssensor aktiviertā€ and enter the name of an existing openHAB number item under ā€œHelligkeitssensor Itemā€.
This activates reporting of brightness values to openHAB. Other sensors (or motion detection) work just like this.

Edit: forget what I wrote, I did not look at the pictures thoroughly enough.

Hi Volker, your app is great! is there an ability for the app to wake up when someone approaches or do you need tasker?

@Manuel_Sept, which android version is running on your device? Can you try out version 0.9.24 from fdroid.org and see if that makes a difference?

it is android 6.0 on it but the tablet has a very poor performance. I guess Iā€™ll have to buy another one. will try the new appversion tomorrow on my Samsung Galaxy S3 Galaxy. Can you recommend a cheap tablet with which the viewer runs well about 100-150 Ā¬?

Will only hang the tablet on the wall. the viewer should only serve for display and the tab should be approached in camera detection and then at night just when touching the display, this is still possible with the viewer or?

Kind regards

I would not buy new hardware before trying to get HPV running on your existing tablet. I can create an apk that you can install that will give us some more debug output from the interesting code paths. You would then have to grab a logfile and send it to me so I can have a look.

After a few iterations of apk and log file we might get the app running on your tablet. If we get the camera working, it should detect when you walk in front of the tablet and turn the screen on. It also makes it possible to blank the screen and wake it up on touch.

Unfortunately, the tablet tends to hang from the ground up. Thatā€™s why I will not continue to support you and spend your time with it. We can do the experiment on the Samsung Galaxy S3 tablet. Will then additionally buy a Samsung Galaxy Tab A shortly

Hi vbier

I did not find a way on github to make a feature request so here my issue:
I (and i have seen similar questions around) would find it great if i could use HPV for audio/voice output. Running habpanel in a browser would output the audio sink web, but that also causes all devices to play the same sound/messageā€¦can be enoying (specially with multiple HPVs).
For now I installed an app that would use whatever TTS is active on android and offer a HTTP server to submit a TTS message to a specific URL (eg the IP of my HPV device http://android-ip:8080/text=ā€œHelloā€&lng=en). Doing that with openhab HTTP binding works more or less ok.
But I tried also in HPV with command item SHOW_URL (locahost) and that works but that obviously also opens the response webpage that would show that it has well received you request, which is unwanted.
Baseline is I was wondering if you could:
a) simply offer a command to submit HTTP request in addition to SHOW_URL
b) even could offer a SAY command to be transmitted to the local androit TTS api

Thanks for the great work on HPV

Here is an apk with a SAY command: https://github.com/vbier/habpanelviewer/raw/tts/app-debug.apk

Hi Vbier

Wow ā€¦ that is an impressive quick responseā€¦:slight_smile:

I downloaded it (V 0.9.25pre(8) ) but my phone I have here for testing (Android 8.1) first says:ā€œInstallingā€ and after that a triangle with a expelnation mark ā€œApp not installedā€ ā€¦same if i try via Apkpureā€¦ no idea where in Android I could find a syslog or alikeā€¦and I dont have an SDK here at the momentā€¦

Any good advice ?

Have you uninstalled the old version before trying to install the new one? You wonā€™t find this version on apkpure or anywhere else, it is only available on the link i posted.

I too want the tablet to wake when I walk up to it.

Is this an option that can be selected in HPV?

Yep the uninstall and install did the jobā€¦testing, but first impression is: GREAT !

I have updated the apk once again.

I renamed SAY to TTS_SPEAK and added TTS_SET_LANG to be able to set the TTS language. If this works for you as well, I can merge the changes in the master branch so they will become part of the next release.

Hi vbier

TTS_SPEAK works for me ā€¦ ā€¦but I dont think that the TTS_SET_LANG works on my setupā€¦if i submit TTS_SET_LANG ā€œDEā€ same with ā€œdeā€ the command becomes red in the command log of HPV and nothing changes ā€¦voice still in englishā€¦

If i do the same in a TTS app it does changeā€¦

Just generally speaking I really like the feature !!!

Did you have the quotation marks in the command string? They do not belong in there, it is just

TTS_SET_LANG de

What does the command log show if you click on the red command entry?

OK ! Works without quotation marks ā€¦ did not realize it as the TTS_SPEAK does work with the quotation marksā€¦

Cool !

I have just released a new version on github. As always, fdroid will hopefully pick this up in a few days, @miker will update the version on the play store when he has time.

• added commands: TTS_SPEAK, TTS_SET_LANG
  • add averaging to temperature and pressure sensors
  • add preference for logging browser console messages
  • reduce cpu usage for installations with lots of value updates.
  • change connected and startup indicator to work with DateTime items instead of Number items
  • check for battery optimization during start-up on devices running android m+
  • make sure camera is released on app crash and when app is stopped by android
  • add missing translations
  • BUG: hide motion and preview views if device has no FEATURE_CAMERA_FRONT
  • BUG: fix CAPTURE_CAMERA with API V1
  • BUG: fix bug where kiosk mode changes on RELOAD
  • BUG: fix request for write permission to external storage when exporting preferences
  • BUG: fix restart on theme change
  • BUG: fix problems with CAPTURE_CAMERA after SCREEN_DIM on Fire HD 10
4 Likes

Hi Volker,

Does the SHOW_DASHBOARD allow you to change the dashboard using a command to the contact item??

Id like to show a particular dashboard when my doorbell rings

Thank you