I have created an openHAB controlled kiosk browser as a frontend for habpanel.
Some of the available features are:
- it can be set as home screen (it allows to start installed apps on the device)
- it allows to control the camera flash, screen backlight, volume and bluetooth from openHAB
- it allows to use the android TTS service or start apps from openHAB
- it can capture pictures or screenshots and send them to openHAB
- it can report device sensor values to openHAB.
- it detects motion using the front camera and can report motion events to openHAB (this does not work at the same time as the flash control on my tablet).
- it has an auto-restart on crash feature
- it auto-discovers the openHAB server on first start
I have uploaded the Android Studio app code to github:
A pre-built apk file is available as release in the github project. It is the current development state (and only works with OH3):
There is an outdated version available on the play store. It is not advised to use this version, as it has bugs that are already fixed in the fdroid version and lacks some of the features of the fdroid version. This is why I am not going to support people running the play store version any more.
Here is a screenshot of the app with open main menu (swipe left starting from the right screen edge to open it):
Feel free to check it out and leave comments. I will work on it in my spare time, so if you have problems or feature requests let me know.
Versions up to 0.9.25 will work on Android 4.4+. Starting from 0.9.26, Android 5 is required or the app will crash on start. All features are available from Android 6.
I will not answer questions that have already been answered in this thread or are answered by the help file or wiki. Use the search function before asking questions. Make sure you have the latest version installed before reporting bugs.