HABPanelViewer 0.9.27

It looks like fdroid has some problems updating the web site. The page still shows 0.9.24, even though the new version has been built and deployed: https://f-droid.org/repo/de.vier_bier.habpanelviewer_8.apk
I am not sure if the new version is available when using the fdroid app.

It would be nice if there was some feedback regarding 0.9.25. If everything works as expected, @miker can update the version on the playstore.

I can confirm I got latest version 0.9.25 via fdroid.

0.9.25 works fine on my Fire HD 10. On my Nexus 7, screenshots do not work: “Invalid media projection”.
This worked previously (some 0.9.25pre beta version).

The last code change regarding screenshots was in November 18 and is part of 0.9.24. Are you sure this has worked on your Nexus 7? Or did you update something on the tablet?

It worked perfectly on the Nexus 7 before. Unfortunately, I forgot to look which version was running previously. But I am pretty sure, it was some beta version between 0.9.24 and 0.9.25.
I just installed 0.9.25, rebooted and tested and noticed that it does not work anymore.

Edit: RESTART command fixed the problem.

just to let you know that SIBO did fix a webview version issue on their tablets and now bot 7 inch and 10 inch POE tablet does work properly with the habpanelviewer

Has anyone else had a problem with repeating commands being sent to HPV?

If I send a command to HPV, say “TTS_SPEAK ‘Hello’” it arrives multiple times on the tablet.

Sent from laptop:

What I see on the tablet:

This happens to all my tablets, running either the latest HPV (0.9.25) or 0.9.22. It happens to any command sent to the tablets.

I’ve set up a rule to log when the command changes and it only fires once so it’s not OH (I don’t think)
Running OH2.4 on RPi

Anyone else had this? Any ideas?

With 0.9.24 Habpanelviewer usually crashed at least once a day, and often the camera stopped detecting motions after few hours.
With 0.9.25 I have now been running for days without any problems :smiley:

@vbier I’ll get 0.9.25 updated on the play store this week.

Be great if there was some documentation on these features.

I thought there is. What is missing?

You have alot of features, but I cannot find what they do.

TTS_SPEAK.

The camera ones, it’s not really clear how they operate and what is required to get them running. Just my take on it, feel free to ignore me.

Have you tried looking at the app’s help? It has a section describing all available commands.

I most certainly did but theres unfortunately no examples. TTS_SPEAK , for example. It would be good to have a sample configuration or user case. ie where is this configured? How is it used?

When I configured a String item, WallTablet and used that as my command item. I then did a smarthome:send WallTablet TTS_SPEAK hello, but nothing :frowning:

The app just uses android’s TTS service, there is nothing to be configured in the app. If I were you, I would google for android TTS to check how to get it working. The example you posted should work. What does the command log show?

If you figure everything out, you can add a page to the wiki or create a pull request where you add the info to the help file describing exactly what has to be done.

hi Volker

See below:

09:35:09.444 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'WallTablet' received command TTS_SET_LANG
09:35:09.446 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - WallTablet changed from SHOW_DASHBOARD to TTS_SET_LANG
09:35:17.296 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'WallTablet' received command TTS_SPEAK
09:35:17.298 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - WallTablet changed from TTS_SET_LANG to TTS_SPEAK
09:35:21.059 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - FrontRoom_Motion changed from ON to OFF

SHOW_DASHBOARD also fails for me. If I do:

smarthome:send WallTablet SHOW_DASHBOARD Irrigation

It doesnt show.

link to app help

this is the most awesome phone or tablet app ever!!!
Thankyou @vbier

smarthome:send WallTablet “TTS_SPEAK ‘hello’” should work

Yes, this works. The documentation shows no examples with the remarks etc though hence the confusion :slight_smile: Does SHOW_DASHBOARD also require remarks around the dashboard name?

smarthome:send WallTablet "TTS_SPEAK 'hello'"

My partner and I have been laughing our arses off at the stuff we’ve been sending to it :smiley:

HPV does not require quotes for any of its commands. Otherwise this would be mentioned in the documentation.