HABPanelViewer 0.9.27

Fair enough, well using

smarthome:send WallTablet SHOW_DASHBOARD Comfort

doesnt display the dashboard

I assume the Dash name is case sensitive

:frowning:

Well, I said HPV does not require quotes.

smarthome:send WallTablet SHOW_DASHBOARD Comfort

looks like an openHAB console command to me, which has nothing to do with my app. It rather seems to be a way to send openHAB commands to openHAB items. So you should try to find out how to correctly send an HPV command using an openHAB console command, or simply send the command in another way.
I am not going to say anything more to this, I am pretty sure you can figure out the rest yourself using the documentation.

Clearly im missing something here.

If you dont send a command via the console, and you send it via a rule, isnt that the same thing? lol.

Ie: the TTS_SPEAK commands I sent were via the console. They work. Doing it in a rule is no different, its just faster to test things via the Console.

The result will be (a Command will be sent), but you’re using completely separate APIs to do the sending.

The control Item is a StringItem, so the commands need to be Strings

smarthome:send WallTablet "SHOW_DASHBOARD Comfort"

or in a rule

WallTablet.sendCommand("SHOW_DASHBOARD Comfort")

or

sendCommand("WallTablet", "SHOW_DASHBOARD Comfort")

There are no quotes inside HPV commands.

They do no harm in TTS_SPEAK, as they will be passed to the TTS engine, which simply ignores them. But they will break other commands.

1 Like

Thanks Scott, the

smarthome:send WallTablet "SHOW_DASHBOARD 'Comfort'"

doesnt work im afraid. I tried the suggested commands. I tried using the string “’” etc as per TTS_SPEAK

My URL is:

http://192.168.0.3:8080/habpanel/index.html#/view/Comfort

So i cant see an issue with my command

Try as Volker suggested
 without the internal quotes. This works for me

smarthome:send WallTablet "SHOW_DASHBOARD Comfort"
1 Like

Hi @vbier are there plans or is there a possibility to offer a local/remote connection option inside your app so that you can specifiy different URLs/IPs for a local /remote connection like the OpenHab app?

Hi Scott

This works, but what if your Dashboard name is Gate & Garage?

Im trying to check if the Tablet is showing the right Dashboard when the doorbell rings, if not, display it

if(WallTablet.state != SHOW_DASHBOARD Gate & Garage){
        sendCommand("WallTablet", "SHOW_DASHBOARD 'Gate & Garage'")
        }

if (WallTablet.state != "SHOW_DASHBOARD Gate & Garage") {
    WallTablet.sendCommand("SHOW_DASHBOARD Gate & Garage")
}

Thanks Scott. Its actually MENU_page slaps forehead that I need to check has the right dashboard, my bad. Given its a String Item also I’d imagine the if statement is still accurate. Pity it doesnt work :frowning:

if(MENU_page.state != "Gate & Garage"){
        WallTablet.sendCommand("SHOW_DASHBOARD Gate & Garage")

Does this work?

smarthome:send WallTablet "SHOW_DASHBOARD Gate & Garage"

Hello together,
I used the fullykiosk browser, but it did not satisfied me.

My hope, that HPV will help me to improve this.

I have some graphana graphs on the home screen via direct rendered image.

I tried to implement “RELOAD” function to refresh them.

It did not work.

Reload is defined as string item und will be executed each 5 minutes via cron.
Problem is that the graphs will not be updated.

I hope someone can help me?

Thanks

What do you mean? What exactly have you done? What happened? What does the command log show?

No.

I just did a quick test and it works if you do it right. I could open my dashboard called “A & B” without problems.

@5iver, ill test and get back to you.

Hi @vbie perhaps I have some other issue then. Interesting

Damn :frowning: would be lovely, as then it could be used on a LAN/WAN

The command log shows nothing.

I created the following items

String   Tablet_Command
String   RELOAD
String   KEEP_SCREEN_ON

And I set up the following rule

rule “Reload_TAB” 
when 
    Time cron “0 0/5 * 1/1 * ? *” 
then
    Tablet_Command.sendCommand("RELOAD");
end

The tablet is connected to openhab.

You only need one String Item: Tablet_Command. The others are not needed. If the commands do not show up in the app’s command log, check the wiki page for Commanding. It has instructions on troubleshooting connection problems.

Hi!
I have the problem under Android 9 that clear text traffic is not allowed.
Can you add the “cleartextTrafficPermitted=true” property to the manifest? Wihtout it I cant access via HTTP -> no webcam without HTTPS.

thx!

I have Android 9 and can access http pages without problems. Maybe you explain in a little more detail what you are trying to do?

Habpanel can not access to any HTTP content.
No OH connection via HTTP nor a Webcam via HTTP

Only HTTPS is emitted. Via the normal browser (chrome) and Habpanel, all works normal.

Only via HPV it doesnt work. Before I was on Android 7 after upgrade to 9, this problem came up.

When I want to show my favorite weather site via HTTP it shows mit in HPV the error text “cleartext http traffic not permitted”. When I change it to HTTPS, it works.