HABPanelViewer 0.9.27

I cant repdoruce the behaviour. After some time, the text is spoken twice. I make a log file when it happens again.

@xsherlock - what are the buttons you have? Stock or you made them yourself? Care to share? :slight_smile:I like that look.

C

@vbier Aaa, ok in app pref, that was off. switchin that on makes the JS sliders butter smooth. will see if that crashes, ā€¦ it crashed exactly the same way. do you all guys use 2.4 stable?

@seppdog My panel is discussed in details in my other thread post about it. all code is thereā€¦

I think I sorted out the issue with my OH 2.4 upgrade. It was the addons.cfg file that was causing problems to the whole install causing high load and one of the sympthoms was crashing HPV. There is a whole thread about that, but with the install of OH.24 the legacy bindings flag gets unselected. If like me you have mqtt1 binding put into the addons.cfg then you get a high CPU loop installing the binding but not maiking it. A result is a failing SSE and HPV.

Hi guys, simple question i cant work out.

How do in get HPV to operate as the launcher, effectively locking out the other features of the android tablet.

I just want it to open on boot etc.

Hey all,
I gave HPV a try and really like it. Iā€™m coming from pro version of FullyKioskBrowser. One thing Iā€™m still not 100% sure is how to active/deactivate display. I have a wall mounted tablet (Amazon HD10), which is activated by sound through FKB. So I can tap on the device or the frame and display lights up nicely.

When looking at the HPV screen activation by tap, it seems only SCREEN_DIM is supported, right? But this leaves the backlight of the device turned on, which is uncomfortable during night times.

The SCREEN_ON by some motion detection (internal camera as well as external zwave motion sensors) seems not reliable in my environment.

SCREEN_ON 300 doesnt turn off the screen on my device. Not sure if this is intended or a problem with my hardware.

Anyone any recommendation how to turn on screen convenietly for lets say 5mins and then turn it off automatically again?
Thanks for your ideasā€¦

Which version are you running? The one from the play store? Then update to 0.9.25, there was a fix regarding the backlight in 0.9.24.

SCREEN_ON only turns the screen on (the 300 make sure to have it on at least 5 mins). You need to set android screen timeout if your want the screen to turn off automatically.

Hi @vbier.
Iā€™m facing a issue regarding TTS.
I donā€™t know when nor why, but after some hours the viewer is running TTS starts to behave in a rare manner.

When I send a command to the TTS item, usually it works fine. But sometimes instead of playing only once the text that has been send, it starts playing it or more time. If I restart the viewer everything starts working fine again for some time.

Any idea?

This is a known problem nobody is able to reproduce. Under unknown circumstances, commands are processed multiple times. If you can reproduce this, please send me a log.
As I have made changes to the underlying connection code, you can as well try the current development version and see if the error is still there.

Which log are you needing? OH log? or command log from the viewer?

Thanks for your reply.

Iā€™m running 0.9.25 from F-droid.

This is what I thought of as well. SCREEN_ON 300 makes sure the screen does not dim before the 300 secs are over, but it does NOT actively dim the screen, right?

So your recommendation would be to set the OS screen-dim timeout to a value less than 300 and have HPV keep the screen on until set value is reached?
Or would it be possible to implement a function that actively turns off the screen after given amount of time?

I need an adb log. The problem is that it does only cover a certain amount of time, so I need a log captured soon after the problem arose. The best would be if you install the development version from github, as this contains additional logging information.

Yes.

I am not sure what your use case is. I would set screen timeout to a sensible value so the screen does not stay on all the time and then turn the screen on when needed with SCREEN_ON. Some devices have the problem that the screen does not stay on for the configured android timeout, but turns off immediately again. If this is the case for you, add the number of seconds you want to force it on to the command, like SCREEN_ON 300.

I have 10 Amazon Fire tablets (booting LineageOS) running HabpanelViewer and am looking for a good way to remotely manage them all? They all have network adb access. Iā€™m generally a fan of codifying settings and would then like to iterate through them on each device so that they are all identically setup to use the same start page, run on the lock screen etc. Is it possible to use adb to pre-set some of the constants?

Currently this is what I do:

adb connect 10.7.11.39:5555
adb install -r -g de.vier_bier.habpanelviewer_8.apk
adb shell settings put global wifi_sleep_policy 2

Whatā€™s the best way to set HPV settings like the start page? Iā€™m presuming there is some method to get all settings and then write them back appropriately?

Can you tell me, how fast are the fire HD 10 tablets? I want to have some of this too, but iĀ“m afraid, that they will lag because of the poor hardware?

I have an old fire 7 with custom rom and root, and it is slow as hellā€¦ I only use it as media player for my little son. It was only usable, when i removed all google servicesā€¦

@halloween They are fast enough for habpanel: I mean all they are doing is running a browser with some wifi io. The motion detection stuff also seemed to work ok when I tried it. Your best bet is to pick up a Amazon Warehouse Deals tablet - in Europe they are going for ā‚¬49 at the moment, and the rooting etc is fairly easy.

(datapoint: not running any google services)

Can you give me a link to this good price?

I looked into amazon.de warehouse dealz and i only can find fire hd 10 for around 100 ā‚¬.

Sorry I was thinking of the 8HD (2018) which is running at ā‚¬51. The 10HD (2017) is slightly more at ā‚¬83.

I am interested in rooting a 10 HD and an 8 HD that I have, can you recommend a good rooting guide that youā€™ve used please?

This will help you

@vbier I have a allnet RK3288 based wall mounted POE tablet with android 7.1 running latest 0.9.25 HPV from F-droid it does not detect the camera. it only has a front facing camera but in the android camera app it is displayed as a rear camera. i have made a logcat: https://pastebin.com/u7SQtXqA
i hope u can help me get this camera working. Thanks for any help u coud give me.

Can you install https://github.com/vbier/habpanelviewer/raw/cameraFallback/app-debug.apk and see if this works? I quickly added a fall-back to the back-facing camera in case the front-facing camera can not be found.