HABPanelViewer 0.9.27

Thanks for the quick response.
i removed current version and installed app-debug, still no camera. made new logcat from this version: https://pastebin.com/ShV3vmp9

I have updated the APK file. Can you please test again?

removed previous debug, installed new one no difference, still no camera
https://pastebin.com/dK4XjxbW

@seppdog, @GonzaloN, any news regarding the problem where commands are executed multiple times? I have the new version running for weeks and did not have the problem any more. Did you also update to the current development version? What is the status?

Following up with to the question of automating HPV, I have the following:

Any suggestions on how better to
a) lockdown the tablet so that only HPV is running?
b) remotely configure everything?

regarding b) if you can copy files to the tablets, i could add a command to import the preferences by sending a command to the running app. so you can manually configure HPV on one tablet and export the preference file. After that you can copy the exported file to the other tablets and tell them to import it.

@vbier that sounds good. Is there a programatic way to re-import the config file? I was trying to do this across all tablets using adb push shared_prefs /data/data/de.vier_bier.habpanelviewer/. Is this a bad approach?

I did not know you can push preferences to a device. So if this works, there is no need for adding a command. You maybe need to stop the app before pushing the preferences to make sure the running app does not override the file?
What was b) about then? Tweaking the values in the file for every tablet before pushing it?

@imaginator are you physically connecting your tablets to manage or have you found a way to keep ADB running in network mode permanently on them? I ask b/c i have many around the house and would love to remotely manage them like this. I have not spent anytime looking at this, so maybe i am missing a fairly obvious solution.

Hey Volker,
first of all thanks for your greate app and the continous support you are giving.
Iā€™ve got the problem that my wall mounted Huawei MediaPad M5 lite always looses connection after some time when the display is off. Iā€™m quite sure that it is not a problem with the app, but with some power saving properties from the tablet. Iā€™ve deactivated any powersaving settings and turn WLAN to always on.
Do you have any idea how I could debug the problem further (probably with some debug information from the app why the connection fails)?
Thanks in advance

Sorry, the app does only get a notification when wifi is gone. There is no additional information in the logs.

1 Like

@digitaldan I simply enabled adb over the network (in developer options menu on the device).

Then I connect with adb connect test-wall-tablet:5555.

@vbier, yes Iā€™m stopping the app first. Hereā€™s the complete set of commands to set up the tablet for those interested:

# connect to the tablet (needs to enable network debugging in settings > developer options)
adb connect test-wall-tablet:5555 && sleep 1

# stop wifi from sleeping
adb shell settings put global wifi_sleep_policy 2

# never sleep while attached to power
adb shell svc power stayon true

# remove cruft and default lanucher (now habpanelviewer is the default launcher)
adb shell pm disable org.cyanogenmod.audiofx
adb shell pm disable com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet 

# install awesomeness
adb install -r -g de.vier_bier.habpanelviewer_8.apk
adb shell pm clear de.vier_bier.habpanelviewer

# stop habpanelviewer before switching in new preferences
adb shell pm disable de.vier_bier.habpanelviewer

# copy preferences from server
adb push shared_prefs /data/data/de.vier_bier.habpanelviewer/

# re-enable habpanelviewer
adb shell pm enable de.vier_bier.habpanelviewer

# start habpanelviewer with new preferences
adb shell am start -n de.vier_bier.habpanelviewer/.MainActivity

# permissions to run on lock screen
adb shell dpm set-device-owner de.vier_bier.habpanelviewer/.AdminReceiver

# clean up
adb disconnect

@vbier (Iā€™m not certain about the adb shell dpm set-device-owner de.vier_bier.habpanelviewer/.AdminReceiver command: Iā€™m trying have HPV run on the lock screen too. Do you have ideas on how to achieve this?

1 Like

Device Admin is not needed for this. It is only needed for the command ADMIN_LOCK_SCREEN.
You should only need to activate this in the preferences.

Thanks, i donā€™t have this option in my deviceā€™s developer preference menu, I can enable adb over TCP when i have the device teathered to my computer, but it wonā€™t keep that up permanently and resets after a reboot (or network interface change/event). Maybe this is a cyanogen added option, ah well.

:+1: :laughing:

1 Like

For a couple of days I have now the issue that some types of Grafana charts are empty (only the grid, no data inside). The issue came without a change from my side and it only happens in the app (reproducible on multiple tablets). In the browser habpanel shows the charts fully but in habpanelviewer they remain empty.
Any idea what could have caused this? It is only affecting certain types of Grafana charts (e. g. Bar charts). Tables are not affected.
Anyone having the same problem?

Might be unrelated but there has been some change recently in Chromeā€™s which has broken down some iframes of strops them rendering. Not ideally what the details area but might be worth checking on grafana forums. Happened to me me with a motioneye

Thx for the quick reply. However Grafana charts are properly displayed in Chrome on my devices. Only in Habpanelviewer this issue appears.
Can anyone confirm that behavior? Is Habpanelviewer using any kind of plug-ins that might need to be updated?

I quickly checked this. I can confirm that some graphs are empty. Enabling HW acceleration in the HPV preferences brought them back for me.

Awesome! Works again. Thx for that hint!