HABPanelViewer 0.9.27

I have updated the apk in the master branch. It should now load then start page when coming out of SCREEM_DIM.

Thanks fĂŒr the update. I installed the new version, but on a first test it doesn’t seem to solve the problem. I will do some more tests this weekend and give you feedback. For now on wakeup it looks like the browser is frozen. You can still access the side-menus and the context menu, but the clock (of the HABPanel) in the upper right corner shows an old time and refreshes after some time but it doesn’t update the seconds. So it still looks like it is frozen. I can only “fix” it if I reload the page or restart the HPV.

Did you send the SHOW_URL about:blank? It should show the white background on wake-up before loading the start page.

Would it be possible to use a tablet running HABPanelViewer as audio and/or video source for openHAB?
I’d like to implement some kind of baby monitor with it. Audio should come out of a Chromecast device in another room.

When I send “SHOW_URL about:blank” the screen stays white. Only if I do a “Go to startpage
” it loads the start page. For me it still looks like the browser-part of HPV is frozen until I relaoad or do a “go to startpage
”.

I did some more testing on this topic. I installed HPV on an old Smartphone (OnePlus One) the same way I did on my Fire7. When no usage is detected I send the command “SCREEN_DIM”. On both devices the behavior on wakeup is the same. It first shows me the state from when I send “SCREEN_DIM”. My main indicator is the clock I have in the upper right corner. There it shows the time when the “SCREEN_DIM” was sent. It then reloads a couple of times and shows some different points in time until it reaches the current time but then the clock is not updating the time (e.g. the seconds). On the OnePlus after some time the clock is running again (it’s counting the seconds).

The Fire7 simply seems to be to slow. On the OPO it takes a couple of seconds to reach the acutal time, the Fire7 needs a minute or so. Then the usage-timer kicks in and it gets dimmed again. For me it looks like you need a very powerful tablet to run HPV with this setup or you simly can’t use the dim-command. On my OPO here still is a delay, but that’s within an accepable margin. If you want to have a real-time status you cannot use “SCREEN_DIM”.

I also tested “SHOW_URL about:blank” on both devices and the result is the same. On wakeup I get a white screen and it doesn’t refresh to my set startpage. When I initiate a “Go to startpage
” manually the startpage is loaded.

This is suprising. When you send the “SHOW_URL about:blank” before the SCREEN_DIM, there should be no more updates coming in from OpenHAB during the time the screen is dimmed. So the it must be something else causing this.

So to recap, you

• installed the latest apk from the master branch
  • configured HPV to load the start page when the device is activated
  • sent SHOW_URL about:blank
  • sent SCREEN_DIM
  • waited a while (how long?)
  • touched the screen

As result, the start page was not loaded and the screen stayed white.

Is this correct? If you are willing to install some apks and help troubleshooting, you can create an issue on github and we can try to find out what the problem is.

I am not sure if OpenHAB has an API for adding audio and video sources. And my time is very limited at the moment. So you can try to find out how to do this and create an HPV issue in github and I can see when I find the time to implement it. Or better, you implement it yourself and create a pull request.

I installed the latest apk from the master branch and configured HPV to load the start page when the device is activated. The commands are sent as follows:

• When the usage or screen item changes to CLOSED I send “KEEP_SCREEN_ON” and “SET_BRIGTHNESS 60” (the 60 actually comes from a number item)
  • When the usage item changes from CLOSED to OPEN I send “SET_BRIGHTNESS 5” and start a timer using the expire-binding
  • When the timer expires i send “SHOW_URL about:blank” and then “SCREEN_DIM”

After this I can immediately touch the screen and I only get a white page.

Of course I am willing to install some apks to help you to resolve this issue, but this is actually not my main concern here. What bugs me more is the behavior without the “SHOW_URL about:blank”.

I just saw, that there is a new apk from 2 days ago. I had a version from a week ago. With the newer version the start page is reloaded when the screen is reactivated, so that is not an issue anymore. I will do some tests with longer waiting times to see if this also without the “SHOW_URL about:blank”.

1 Like

After some additional testing I can confirm that the “load start page when device is activated” works with the current version. Unfortunatly when I don’t send “SHOW_URL about:blank” the browser still needs a lot of time to get to the current state.

But it looks like I found a workaround for that. The new version (maybe also some older versions, I’m not sure about that) supports sending the current URL of the HPV to a string item. So I created an additional item “LastUrl” where I store the current url before sending “SHOW_URL about:blank”. When the device wakes up again I just do a “SHOW_URL” with the url stored in my LastUrl item. With this I have a little, but acceptable delay (about 5 seconds) when the device wakes up, but so far this works for me.

I am trying to use thins application but I have an error when setting the openHAB URL : it always tells my “openHAB URL invalid : Could not query available services from openHAB” even though I can see the openHAB interface in the application but HABPanelViewer keep saying “not connected” then the Command Item is not working obviously.

Any clue ?

You get this message when HPV can not fetch <serverurl>/rest/services. Do you have the OpenHAB rest api installed?

When I go to /rest/services I get a JSON answer so I guess it is ok for the REST API.

Did you try that from the device itself? Do you have some kind of forward proxy or url redirection? Are you sure you have the correct server url in HPV?

I don’t have the device with myself now but I just tryed on my phone where I have access to <serverurl>/rest/services but habpanerviewer has the same issue. I have apache set as reverse proxy with http authentication and with letsencrypt ssl certificates setup.
Edit : I have the feeling that HABpanelViewer uses HTTP instead of HTTPS and since I disabled HTTP it may be a problem :confused:

If you have https in your server url, HPV should use https for this as well as it just concatenates “/rest/services” to the url. I have made some changes in the master branch after the release. You can deinstall and install the apk from the github master branch, maybe this fixes the problem for you. If it does not and you are willing to help me fix the problem by installing some apks and reporting back, you can create an issue in github.

Edit: I have just setup apache as forward proxy with Digest authentication and can connect with the current development version of HPV.

Thanks vbier, just tested the latest release from Github and it works :slight_smile: Thank you !

Hi guys,
Did google change something in the webview component yesterday, resetting cookies?
Magically both of my HPV panels stopped displaying the Habpanel.
It appears that both were set to local storage, and I had to manualy repoint them to the server stored one, and reapply the home page to display. weird.
Maciej

Volker, is it perhaps time for an update of the version in F-Droid? :slight_smile:

How to set this up?
When I lock the screen (ADMIN_LOCK_SCREEN), the screen goes off, but I can wake it up by pressing the power button briefly.
After that I have full control about habpanel.
Is there a trick to prevent this?
If I am not home it must be locked (used to work with Fully Kiosk by the way).

EDIT: By the way:
How to unlock remotely?
SCREEN_ON, RESTART, SHOW_DASHBOARD

Nothing results in showing Habpanel again.