Harmony Hub activityStarting?

I have the latest snapshot build from apt and it installs every time and no issues 1-3.

A good catch on not passing power off activity finished trigger. I fixed this in here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/172l4ykgk3t09p1/org.openhab.binding.harmonyhub-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT-4.jar?dl=0

Please test for some time and let me know if it works now every time.

Thanks!
Pawel

@elektrolubach My changes to the whistlingfish library got merged. I am waiting for your feedback before submitting PR to openHAB. Thanks!

1 Like

@ppieczul, thanks for the last update (4). I have tested this solution since the last 8 days and it works perfectly.
The power off-started trigger is also worth it.

From my side, you can submit the PR to openHAB.

Thanks!
Jonathan

Thanks, submitted PR https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/3496

Sorry for the very newbie question, how I can updated the harmony binding version?
I would like to try the new fixed version as well.
Thank you

You need to upgrade to the most recent openHAB snapshot version or wait for the next stable release.

Ok, I was wrongly assuming that is possible to uninstall the binding plugin coming with the official version and just manually install the new plugin.
If this is not the case, I will wait for the new official version in order to not impact all the other configured items and plugins.
Thank you!

There is a way to do that but it is a workaround and not recommended because it may not work. Here is an example for the astro binding:

Hi @Giuseppe_Capodanno ,

I did it exactly this way. With some exceptions (see thread history above, my posts), it worked well and I was able to test it.

You have to download the current snapshot jar of this harmony binding. You can find the links here in the thread history (for example the latest, posted by @ppieczul here Harmony Binding 2.3.0 Snapshot-4).

Then copy this jar file into the config folder “addons” of your openHAB runtime.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to uninstall any other versions of the harmony binding (e.g. via paper UI).

Jonathan

Thank you Jonathan. I will get a try!