HEATIT Z-TRM3 Temp Setpoint not working

Hi
Thanks.
I’m trying to replace it at my dealer

K

Update.
I tried with Fibaro HCLite and it works well.
Can somebody check whats wrong (command class or??)
In config menu temp setpoint is working.

K

As I already showed above, the command being sent by the binding looks fine to me. It seems to conform to the standards (as per the information above). Can you tell me what is wrong please?

It seems that for others this is also working, so it’s hard to see that there is any problem here.

What is the “config menu”? Is that changing configuration parameters? IF so, that is totally different functionality.

This may be a bug in ZTrm3 firmware according to this forum (in Norwegian): https://www.hjemmeautomasjon.no/forums/topic/6330-z-trm3-target-temperature-får-ikke-satt/?do=findComment&comment=75088
Setpoint does not work with the following systems: Futurehome, HomeAssistant, OpenHab, HomeSeer. It works correctly, however, with Fibaro HCLite.

From the comment linked, apparently it requires exactly one decimal in the setpoint?

Changing setpoint via config, however, should work fine.

Big thanks to toffyrn
Yes. Thats my case.
So its factory FW fault :rage:
How i can fix in OPEHAB this problem?
Or just need to wait new FW?

Thanks @toffyrn that’s very useful.

To be clear - openHAB doesn’t have the problem. Certainly if you can upgrade the firmware it would be best since the device appears to not be compliant to the ZWave standards at the moment. Otherwise this will require some thought as to how to manage this issue in the binding, but it will for sure require a binding update to change it.

With all floors managed by either Ztrm1 or Ztrm2fx I do not plan on buying Ztrm3 now.

If required for testing I may be able to borrow one from the thread starter at hjemmeautomasjon.no , just let me know :slight_smile:

My understanding currently is that HeatIt thinks they are following the standard, and that openzwave (+OH2) is doing it wrong. No new firmware is released or planned to my knowledge.

1 Like

Clearly that is incorrect though - as already shown above, the binding is sending the correct information - as per the standard.

I’m not familiar with openzwave - sorry - so I can’t really comment on what is done there.

Ok. At the moment I don’t plan to change the binding to resolve this. Feel free to add an issue and it’s something I can possibly look at in future, but as the thermostat class is working fine with other devices and this is a device problem, it can’t be a high priority right now.

2 Likes

Limit the setpoint to exactly one decimal point seems to be a workaround.

Otherwise, wait for new firmware… call them up and tell them how you feel.

I have one trm2fx still to be mounted, as that model has not been smooth sailing either. Not shure if it is worth the hassle…

I got anwer from Heatit

Hi!

We have sent a sample to Openhab for making of the template.

Hope this will be available soon.

The thermostat is certified and we do not have control over the integration with the different GWs.

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3802?selectedFrequencyId=-1

Fantastic!
Rather arrogant…
They have bugs in the firmware, certification is irrelevant.

I’ve no idea who they are sending it to?

This is true - but there are often bugs in software - even certified software.

Also true, but since they do not adhere to the standards, they have implemented something that is not compatible with other software. The standard allows a device to send a temperature with no decimal points, so this should work with their thermostat.

The binding is sending data as per the standard - it could be certified like this. I see HomeSeer in the list above - that is certified I believe, and yet it doesn’t work with the HeatIt device.

It is clear that the device is not adhering fully to the standard. Presumably the certification test is not rigorous enough to find this, so they are now certified but not compatible with the standards :frowning:

Do I have to ask who they sent this file to?

I can confirm, adding by 1 decimal is working.

I was just asking if you knew since I’ve personally had no interaction with them, so if they “have sent a sample to openHAB” as you said above, I was just wondering what this meant since it seems to be part of the solution (although I’m not sure how)? Do you know what was sent, and where was it sent?

1 Like

contact person is

Sorry - I’m really confused.

Earlier you said -:

What is this “contact person” for? That looks like it’s openZWave. Here we are talking about openHAB aren’t we?

Edit: Just for clarity - when you asked “Do I have to ask who they sent this file to” - I assumed that you meant the guys at HeatIt. They have apparently sent something to someone at openHAB and I was just wondering who they have sent this to. Are you able to clarify that? I’m not sure about the reference you then posted with your statement “contact person is” - is that the person at HeatIt?

1 Like

@kaliif1234 just to clarify.

Z-Wave is a standards based protocol used bu devices.

Openzwave and the openHAB zwave binding are two different programs used for communicating with standard Z-Wave devices. They are developed by two different totally unrelated teams.

I have found the openHAB binding to be more trouble-free and complete, in my personal experience.

1 Like

I wrote to Heatit

Hi.

What is the name of the person you were in contact with?

Then i can examine at what stage is the work with this program.

Reply to my letter from Heatit:

With best regards/Med vennlig hilsen

Pål Aksel Forberg

CEO/Daglig lede

Again, this is not related in any way with openHAB. The person that they are referencing is for openZWave - not openHAB.

1 Like