HEATIT Z-TRM3 Temp Setpoint not working

OpenHAB does NOT use openZWave. They are not related at all.

1 Like

Anyone got it working with this firmware? https://drive.google.com/file/d/16RaxbnKDC9Mlqs2C6bUDNo9JDnm9cd75/view

(shared in this thread: https://www.hjemmeautomasjon.no/forums/topic/6330-z-trm3-target-temperature-fĂĽr-ikke-satt/?&page=3#comments). Tested it, can now set the temperature and the display on TRM3 updates right (decimal problem solved), but on/off via openhab setpoint only updates thermostate for about a minute after physically touching the buttons on TRM3. Suspect the firmware is still faulty?

Welcome to openHAB!
If nobody here has used it, please ask on a HEATIT or a more general smart home forum.

I am asking specifically about openhab… I tried it with openhab myself, but did not get it fully working. Therfore asking if anyone else had more success. Works fine for about a minute, but then stops.

Please follow the binding instructions to collect debug logs & post them here. Right now, only your system knows what is happening.

Sorry, new users cant upload files to the forum so having trouble posting the log. Took a screenshot from the zwave log viewer and uploaded logfile here if that helps. https://gofile.io/d/FovWke

You only have one node or filtered the logs?
Our developer says unfiltered logs are needed for troubleshooting. Sometimes the issue lies outside the affected node.

the screenshot was filtered to node 14, but the uploaded file is not filtered. (contains a few lines about other nodes, but as i have just moved to a new house trm3 is the first node i am setting up). (other zwave nodes still in boxes) :smile:

1 Like

Thank you. Hopefully @chris, our developer, will be along to look soon.

1 Like

Good evening gents, what was the status here?

I have a problem that when i try to change heat setpoint from sitemap it seems to just jump back to previously setting,’

Switch item=ZWave14ThermostatBadOEtgThermostatState icon=“Multireg” label=“Status” mappings=[0=“Idle”,1=“Heating”]
Text item=ZWave14ThermostatBadOEtgSensorTemperature2 icon=“Multireg”
Setpoint item=ZWave14ThermostatBadOEtgThermostatSetpointHeating icon=“Multireg” minValue=4 maxValue=30 step=1
Text item=ZWave14ThermostatBadOEtgThermostatMode icon=“Multireg”

Seems to be working now: Since last I havent done anything but update openhab to 2.5.9. maybe if you try this firmware (ota firmware to adress setpoint problem) https://drive.google.com/file/d/16RaxbnKDC9Mlqs2C6bUDNo9JDnm9cd75/view and make sure you are on 2.5.9, that did it for me. (fw update on 2.5.8 did not work for me).

From the norwegian forum above i also know there is a second fw that requires cable to update that was suppose to adress the problem, i actually have that cable waiting in the mail after thermofloor support sent it to me, but i have not picked it up yet… and now on 2.5.9 it seems to be working without it.

1 Like

How did you update the Z-TRM3 FW using openHAB?
I picked up a Z-TRM3 here the other day, and might need to do an update as well.

Hi, In the Google drive link i posted above is a pdf instruction for trm2, i used the same procedure for trm3. (Used an aeotec z-stick with the pc controller software along with provided FW file)

Ah, OK I saw that, but I misunderstood:

I wrongly assumed you were able to update the firmware from within openHAB v2.5.9 :slight_smile:
Silly me.

No, just that it started working fully after 2.5.9 with the above firmware :slight_smile:

Hi there,
Just a quick one:
In this topic it was assumed that the TRM3 problem was a firmware issue that OH couldn’t fix. But, in the previous entry it was stated that 2.5.9 fixes the problem.
Is there a TRM3 library update between 2.5.8 and 2.5.9, or did it “just start working”?
I have a few 2fx but need to add more, and since 2fx is discontinued I will move to TRM3 if it works solidly.
Thanks

Hi,

I just installed some TRM3 and tested for a few days. It seems to integrate fine with the z-wave. The only complaint so far is the floor temperature sensor oscillates very much. 6-7 degrees. I’m using the 2.5.9 binding and I think firmware version 4 in the TRM3.

Hi Anders,
Thanks. Good to hear that TRM3 works fine.
6-7 degrees fluctuation sounds a lot. My guess is that the thermal conductivity of your floor is fairly low and is causing a slow temperature propagation, which a thermostat cannot fix. Check the relation between the temperature and power On/Off. It should give you some indication.
My fluctuation for a TRM2fx with 0.3 deg hysteresis is ~1.0 deg in a concrete floor with tiles. The time between On to Off is ~30 min, and Off to On is 2 hr.

Hi,

The changes in the temperature looks more like an noise or bug in the thermostat. Here I use 2 different NTC sensors in the floor.

The log for air temperature looks much more correct, a little bit high when I compare with my test instrument. I think it’s heated from the display.

The problem with the varying temperatures was fixed after I put this in with a new connection. But I also got problems with the setpoint falling back to the old value. If you change the value with a decimal .5 everything works. I use rules to change values so when I send for example 27.5 this will change the value on the ZTRM3. When I send 29 it doesn’t change. If you use the Setpoint in sitemap you will manage to change if you tap really fast so, but you will only get the X.5 to work.