I would like to kindly ask less than five minutes of your time to fill this small poll. As a domotics’ enthusiast and student working on a domotics use case, I would like to know how frequently the following scenarios appear on your automation rules.
Thanks in advance for your time!
- I have automations that involve multiple devices and conditions. For example,
Turn on the lights of a room IF motion is detected AND its ambient light is LESS THAN 40 lux.
- I have automations that require do some action if a device remains in the same state for a period of time. For example,
Send a notification when a window has been OPEN for an hour.
- I have automations that require do react to the absence of events. For example,
Turn off the lights of a room after two minutes WITHOUT detecting any movement.
- I have automations that require to detect a particular sequence of events. For example,
Detect when I arrive homeis determined by the following sequence of events
- I have automations that require ignore some repeated events within a period of time. For example,
Send a notification when someone presses the doorbell, but do not fire a new notification after every doorbell press. Each notification must have an interval of at least 30 seconds.
- I have automations that require wait for a particular number of events before doing some action. For example,
Send a notification if the boiler fires three Floor Heating Failures and one Internal Failure within one hour. Each notification must have an interval of at least 60 minutes.
- I have automations that their conditions are based on specific historical data of a device or multiple devices. For example,
Send a notification if the electricity consumption at home is higher than 200 kWh in the last three weeks.
In case you are interested, here are some solutions to those scenarios using both Rules DSL and Jython.
- Automation #1: Doorbell notification
- Automation #2: Bathroom Smart light
- Automation #3: Smart Radiator
- Automation #4: Smart Radiator (Generic Rule)
- Automation #5: Window Alert
- Automation #6: Boiler Failure Alert
- Automation #7: Detect a particular sequence of events
- This poll has no intention to spam this community.
- I’m also open to hearing other scenarios where you have to use different patterns.