I’m not sure what is happening. Just today I upgraded to OpenHAB 2.5. But I was running OpenHABien. Could that be a problem?
Since the upgrade I tried to run the same programs as before and now after, say 20 minutes Task Manager starts to show more and more CPU usage and soon the RPi 3 B no longer responds.
Before that happens I have seen the task= java, user=openhab go to 100%. I even saw a report that the task was at CPU of 262%.
I made some changes last night to my programs which could have caused the problem. I backed the changes out (I hope) and still have the problem.
I’m wishing I could back down OpenHAB to the previous version. That should help me isolate the problem. I searched this site and the procedures I found for backing down seem to be (1) very old, and (2) full of problems.
What would be a good procedure for untangling this mess?
Back down OpenHAB?
Try to find problems with the 2.5 install ( I see some about “restdocs”?
Go back to ground sero…uninstall OpenHAB(ian)?
Or something smarter?
Thanks for the links. I didn’t know that 2.5 was available so I didn’t know about the Release Notes. I just did a:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
and 2.5 came in.
Since I was using OpenHABien, maybe I should have followed the instructions in the Release Notes but too late now. Maybe I have laid a time bomb for later.
I’m a newbie and reading the Release Notes and #1534 makes me bleary. I find myself doing a search on about every third word
In the end I saw the references to changes to addons.cfg and /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config.
addons.cfg was empty but addons.config had misc=“restdoc…”
I put a “#” in front of the misc and rebooted.
Everything seems fine for the parts of OpenHAB that I am using.
I will remain aware that there could be time bombs because of the way I did things. I’ll just have to see.