Home Connect binding

Hi @jb4711 it looks like you have not had much time to work on this binding. I would really like to get it adopted formally into the mainstream of OpenHAB, so I wonder if there is anything I can do to facilitate this process?

Did you already received your repaired nuc @jb4711 and test things out? At first i had the same problems as @Pascal_S but now the appliances are not getting an update a hour instead of one day after restarting the openhab service.

When i go to http://IP_OF_OPENHAB:PORT/homeconnectlogs there are only logs from the 14 of July, After pressing clear log, no new logs are being created.

If the appliances are running and i reboot the server or restart the service i get the following error messages in the main log:

2020-08-13 06:57:38.269 [WARN ] [internal.client.HomeConnectApiClient] - [API_ERROR SIEMENS-SN678X36TE-68A40E0ED6BB] PUT 409 https://api.home-connect.com/api/homeappliances/SIEMENS-SN678X36TE-68A40E0ED6BB/programs/active
2020-08-13 06:57:38.271 [WARN ] [dler.AbstractHomeConnectThingHandler] - [HANDLER SIEMENS-SN678X36TE-68A40E0ED6BB] Could not handle command start. API communication problem! error: Communication error! response code: 409, message: , body: {
2020-08-13 06:57:43.079 [WARN ] [internal.client.HomeConnectApiClient] - [API_ERROR SIEMENS-SN678X36TE-68A40E0ED6BB] PUT 409 https://api.home-connect.com/api/homeappliances/SIEMENS-SN678X36TE-68A40E0ED6BB/programs/active
2020-08-13 06:57:43.080 [WARN ] [dler.AbstractHomeConnectThingHandler] - [HANDLER SIEMENS-SN678X36TE-68A40E0ED6BB] Could not handle command start. API communication problem! error: Communication error! response code: 409, message: , body: {
2020-08-13 06:57:44.732 [WARN ] [internal.client.HomeConnectApiClient] - [API_ERROR SIEMENS-SN678X36TE-68A40E0ED6BB] DELETE 409 https://api.home-connect.com/api/homeappliances/SIEMENS-SN678X36TE-68A40E0ED6BB/programs/active
2020-08-13 06:57:44.733 [WARN ] [dler.AbstractHomeConnectThingHandler] - [HANDLER SIEMENS-SN678X36TE-68A40E0ED6BB] Could not handle command stop. API communication problem! error: Communication error! response code: 409, message: , body: {
2020-08-13 06:57:46.943 [WARN ] [internal.client.HomeConnectApiClient] - [API_ERROR SIEMENS-SN678X36TE-68A40E0ED6BB] PUT 409 https://api.home-connect.com/api/homeappliances/SIEMENS-SN678X36TE-68A40E0ED6BB/programs/active
2020-08-13 06:57:46.944 [WARN ] [dler.AbstractHomeConnectThingHandler] - [HANDLER SIEMENS-SN678X36TE-68A40E0ED6BB] Could not handle command start. API communication problem! error: Communication error! response code: 409, message: , body: {

Yes just received it yesterday. Ridiculous it took them 2 months to repair my NUC (actually they just replaced it by a new unit). Cool thing: After Iā€™ve started the machine my Home Connect oAuth credentials where refreshed. No manual action was required.

Still no logs visible? Thatā€™s strange. Do you have enough space left on your disk.
Can you restart the binding?

1. log into openHAB shell (eg. ssh -p 8101 openhab@localhost password: habopen)
  2. type list and search for openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Home Connect Binding
  3. remember the ID column
  4. type restart [ID] eg. restart 203

Wow, 2 months? Iā€™m glad that i didnā€™t buy a nuc yet :wink: :wink:

I restart the binding yesterday evening while the dishwasher was running and the logs were being created for a brief moment. Iā€™ve almost 20Gb left on the disk so thats not that te problem. This morning the binding is again stuck, the dishwasher was finished at 02:38 but openhab says that is still at 16%.

The time in the logs is completely different, the log starts at 19:42:33, I restarted the binding at around 23:00. The nightwash program from the dishwasher takes 4 hours.

2020-08-19_05_18.zip.txt (3.6 KB)

Update: after a few times restarting the binding the time is correct and matches the events. I also have a new log included where the binding disconnects. 20:00:21.785 CEST

2020-08-19_20_05.zip.txt (27.6 KB)

hi @jb4711,

iā€™ve found the problem, my firewall blocked the incoming traffic from the homeconnect servers. All iot stuff is moved to a new vlan without any type of blocking. Everything works as expected! :see_no_evil:

@jb4711
Great binding!
Actually works like a charm. But since couple of hours I canā€™t interact with the appliance :thinking: and get following message in the logs:

2020-09-08 11:14:56.386 [WARN ] [handler.HomeConnectDishwasherHandler] - [HANDLER BOSCH-SMV68TX06E-xxxxxxxxx] Could not handle command ON. API communication problem! error: Communication error! response code: 409, message: Conflict, body: {

"error": {

"key": "SDK.Error.HomeAppliance.Connection.Initialization.Failed",

"description": "HomeAppliance did not respond to connection initialization requests in time, it might be offline"

}

} (Tried at Tue Sep 08 11:14:56 CEST 2020)

Bridge and device are shown online in PaperUI. Any idea from your side?

Disconnect the dishwasher from power for a minute. I think afterwards it should work again.

Hmmmā€¦ but donā€™t think itā€™s a hardware issue because the official home connect app works properly.

Readd the dishwasher in the *.things file has done the job :grimacing:

Great that it worked. In past it helped me to disconnect the appliance from power.
The official app is using a different Api to connect to the device.

Hi, today I have connect my Neff oven to Openhab via the homeconnect binding and it works mostly well - really good work and a very good description.

The basic idea was to pick up the end of the powerboost because Neff doesnā€™t give any signal if it is finished. I tried to find out where the information is located but donā€™t find it.

Is there anybody who has connected an oven and has any idea how I can check this. In all of the exsiting items it isnā€™t there.

many thanks, Christian

I tried the version from 2020/01/11, but when I copy the addon in the folder I only get this message:

Unregister bridge configuration servlet (/homeconnect)

I am on openHab 2.5.8 release version. Didnā€™t see a newer addon version. Can I use/test the addon with the current openHab version?

Should work with the current version. You can ignore Unregister bridge configuration servlet (/homeconnect). Afterwards it should be registered again.

`

Ok, on first try I couldnā€™t add anything via Paper UI. Deleted the Addon and copied again - now I am able to add the API Bridge and devices. Everything seems to work now. Strange, but fortunate.

Thanks @jb4711

Hi @jb4711, when i select the eco program on my wasmachine and try to start it remotely nothing happens, i see in the logs that the program is not supported. API communication problem! error: Communication error! response code: 409, message: , body: { ā€œerrorā€: { ā€œkeyā€: ā€œSDK.Error.UnsupportedProgramā€, ā€œdescriptionā€: ā€œUnsupported operation: LaundryCare.Washer.Program.Cotton.CottonEcoā€ }. Iā€™ve washing machine WMH6Y841NL/21

I found out that there is a preheating option in homeconnect available - Cooking.Oven.Program.HeatingMode.PreHeating - any idea how i can add it into the bridge ? Would be great if someone who has more knowledge here can help me.

best, Chistian

Hi,
can you please open the following URL http://ip:port/homeconnectlogs in your web browser. There should be a button Export log (pseudonymized) . Please trigger the download and send me the log file (zip). I will have a look.

Here you go!

2020-09-10_19_17.zip.txt (103.7 KB)

Hi, for the dryer ā€œremaining_program_time_stateā€ Unit of Measurement is not working. It always shows seconds for me.

Number:Time   BSH_dryer_time		"Restlaufzeit [%d min]"		<dryer>		(gTrockner)				{channel="homeconnect:Dryer:SIEMENS:remaining_program_time_state"

Where is it showing in seconds?

Iā€™m not sure if UoM is working like this: [%d min]? I though it means that you can format/convert the unit in Basic UI or within rules. I think you are not able to change the unit in Paper UI.

@Channel: Anyone with more inside knowledge?