Home Connect binding

Thanks, I aligned them.

Yes, I wrote a litte bash script to convert my 2.5.x code to 3.0. :smiley:
Now I need to fix a couple of compile errors.

[ERROR] /tmp/openhab-addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.homeconnect/src/main/java/org/openhab/binding/homeconnect/internal/servlet/HomeConnectServlet.java:[189,64] Null type mismatch: required 'java.lang.@NonNull String' but the provided value is inferred as @org.eclipse.jdt.annotation.Nullable

[ERROR] /tmp/openhab-addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.homeconnect/src/main/java/org/openhab/binding/homeconnect/internal/client/OkHttpHelper.java:[48,8] The import com.sun.research cannot be resolved
[ERROR] /tmp/openhab-addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.homeconnect/src/main/java/org/openhab/binding/homeconnect/internal/client/OkHttpHelper.java:[116,21] HTTPMethods cannot be resolved

Errors don’t look to bad. Hope to fix them soon.

New version available:

2020/11/18
Download: org.openhab.binding.homeconnect-2.5.9.202011180823.jar

Change log:

• added functional light support (hood)
  • added ambient light support (dishwasher, hood)
  • improved API requests (only trigger channel update, if channel is linked to item)
  • some code preparations for 3.0 release

Hi @Channel, @dlaplexurenet, @smhaller, @RGroll

here we go - my first openHAB 3.0.0 build. Happy testing.

Download: org.openhab.binding.homeconnect-3.0.0-build1.jar

JB

2 Likes

@jb4711 Jonas,
downloaded and started. Devices (Washing Machine and Dryer) show currently offline, think that’s ok. Will check further tomorrow.

Thank you very much for all the effort you did :+1:
Stefan

Hi @jb4711. So far I do not have any issues with the v3 binding.

Finally I could experience your new Home Connect Console as well: awesome! I could even imagine having this kind of console for other bindings which are using APIs to send/receive commands and values (e.g. Netatmo, Samsung TV (WebSocket), UniFi, UniFi Protect, 
). So basically that OpenHAB has some kind of an SDK to implement the API calls, SSE, WebSocket, 
 and to see in a better way what’s going on than with the normal textual logs. @ysc, I know you love these kind of challenges :wink:

A bit strange thou is that I get this 409 when calling: /api/homeappliances/SIEMENS-WM6YH841-xxx/programs/available/LaundryCare.Washer.Program.EasyCare

{
  "error": {
    "key": "SDK.Error.WrongOperationState",
    "description": "Request cannot be performed in the current operation state"
  }
}

But it shows up in the endpoint listing the available programs. I guess by pre-caution you then retry 3 times when you get an error in return, because I see the same request/response 3 times.

Also a bit strange is the fact that BSH is returning a 404 (error) to state that these is no active program.

I got the machine. It’s more open than Jura. Jura has to be reverse engineered to work, our you need to put in your own communicator. Siemens is the best alternative. I haven’t used it with OpenHAB yet :slight_smile:

I would argue that bosh is “not” more open than jura. Both are closed.
I personally would prefer to put in a “communicator” to enable a direct communication with my coffee machine rather than to give such an intransparent company access to my home network through my coffee machine and the “ok” to do whatever they want with the machine (there is no checkbox to prevent functional changes aka updates to the machine).

Siemens is not really an alternative as they use the same approach, same 3rd party vendor (bosh/siemens is not even offering that API by themselves) . I have not found a built-in/(Einbau-) coffee machine with an local api yet so, very disappointment by the market.

Hi @channel, @FrankJensen, @Lanovar, @harald_knoll,

could you do me a favor and check if your oven appliance works with the new version? I haven’t added any new features, but I couldn’t test my latest core code changes with this kind of device.

2020/11/18
Download: org.openhab.binding.homeconnect-2.5.9.202011180823.jar

Thanks,
Jonas

Hi,

yes can do it tomorrow. I have one with a microwave and one with a steam combi. Would this be OK?

Regards

Harald

Thanks, would be ok.

First of all: Thanks for the great plugin, works very well for me!

The Home Connect app is sending me push notifications such as “Check level of rinse aid” etc. Are those available via API as well and can therefore be exposed through OpenHAB?

Thanks

Unfortunately no

Hi Jonas,

thanks for sharing this binding - it works great.
Just got a new dishwasher last week (Bosch SBD6ECX57E) which got Home Connect built-in.
The binding works great, configuration was easy when following the docs. Running it with openhab version 2.5.10 on Synology.
Currently only “watching” the status of the dishwasher via openhab. Will try to run the diswasher via openhab sometime soon as in the end I want to create a way in which the start is delayed until enough power is being generated via our solar cells.

Rgds,
Markus

I’m using the V3.0.0 binding at OH3, M5. Since two days i receive the following message and of course the connection breaks
COMMUNICATION_ERROR
Home Connect service is not reachable or a problem occurred! Retrying at Sun, 13 Dec 2020 09:49:39 +0100 (Communication error! response code: 429, message: Too Many Requests, body: { “error”: { “key”: “429”, “description”: “The rate limit “1000 calls in 1 day” was reached. Requests are blocked during the remaining period of 15952 seconds.” } } (Tried at Sun Dec 13 09:47:39 CET 2020)). bridge=Home Connect API
I cant find a way to influence the number of connections in the thing

Does anyone else also has this problem ?

I am observing that periodically the bridge goes ‘offline’ and a re-auth is required via the web-console. Curious if this is this ‘by design’ or something goes wrong at my end.
Using the latest jar from the very first post here: 2.5.9.202011180823 and OH 2.5.10

Hi @ananchev,

how often is periodically? Maybe I can reproduce the problem.

I think last week, all my OH instances went offline. Also heard from others that there binding needed a re-auth. I think Home Connect changed something (Maybe updated something). After re-authenticating my binding kept ONLINE.

Hi @Matze_R,

do you still see these kind of error messages? If yes, can you please send me an request log export.

It would help me to reproduce the problem if you could give me some context of your setup.

• What did you do before these messages appeared?
  • How many appliances do you have?
  • Did you rebooted/restarted your OH instance?

Thanks,
Jonas

Thanks Jonas!
I have observed it I think 3 times for the last ~1,5 months
 so not too often still. I did re-auth yesteday just before posting here. I will keep an eye and come back if I see it again.

I am trying to get some stats via OH and persistance of devices’ frequency of use, duration and other patterns and this need to re-authenticate is preventing proper monitoring.
Is there a way to trigger an event somehow upon console going off-line so I can look at it? I can code a listener, poller or whatever might be easiest to use.

Please have a look at https://github.com/bruestel/org.openhab.binding.homeconnect/tree/2.5.x-next/bundles/org.openhab.binding.homeconnect#notification-on-credential-error