HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

Hi igor, your work is wonderful! Please accept me in the group. Thank you!

@James1 I donā€™t see any pending requests in G+, did you made a request just now?

@igor
The new version partially fixes my squeezebox artist, album issues.
The artist and album fields now show, but when I change the album/artist they donā€™t update. Track updates very quickly, but artist and album not updating.
Cheers.

for me its not working
i made a sitemap called rotini.sitemap and placed it at the location of my other sitemap ( the default location)
i tried the one ben jones posted as example, the only think i get is " unable to proceed. Unknwon error" TRY AGAIN.

any nfo what i did wrong ?

please maybe add install instructions to the wiki ?

kindest regards

OK got it working , something with the encoding of the editing tool that was wrong. UTF8-BOM was needed in notepad ++

I installed rotini today.

Great!

Now i can buy some cheap amazon fire 7 tablets instead of expensive knx switches and use it in a few rooms.

Will you include charts in a future version too? Charts of your own (good) or included openhab charts (bad)?

One more question: Is it able to use a door-contact-widget and show the number of open doors/windows? I donĀ“t want to have more then 20 contact-widgets on my page (one for every window) and with only one widget i can check if all windows are closed, when iĀ“m leaving the house.

Charts will be included, the good ones :smile:

Those ā€œgroupedā€ widgets are not ready yet, but it is planned

Text on widgets (for example: switch widget is in english - on/off)

Can you make a configuration-file to change this to another language?

Can i change the size of a widget? Maybe switch widget only one widget from left to right side of my screen - or more small widgets in one row? On some of the screenshots in this thread i can see same widgets with different size - so i think its possible already?

More languages will be supported in the future

Widget resize is not totally flashed out, so Iā€™m not advertising it yet. Should have more updates on this soon

1 Like

Widget resize is not totally flashed out, so Iā€™m not advertising it yet. Should have more updates on this soon

Are you talking about just making one widget span over more slots, as you already advertised earlier? I.e:

Frame label=ā€œ{widget:clock,size:3x1}ā€

Or are you actually working on some kind of zoom feature, where you can have widgets actually fill the whole screen? On my Galaxy S4 in landscape mode, two lines of widgets only fill about 75% of the vertical space. It would be nice if these two rows can fill the whole screen. Let me know if I should raise this as a feature request :smile:

On my Galaxy S4 in landscape mode, two lines of widgets only fill about 75% of the vertical space. It would be nice if these two rows can fill the whole screen.

To clarify: Only when run in full screen mode, the widgets does not fill 100% of the vertical space. I suspect this is not intended behavior so Iā€™ll raise an issue report.

Well, I just posted it here in one post before beta release, so it is hardly advertising :stuck_out_tongue:
In any case, sizing config and behavior might change soon.

Thatā€™s actually intended, since if there are too many widgets on the screen (especially for phone screens), it needs to scroll. I realize it would be best for wall-tablets to fully utilize screen space, so there might some other solution for that at later stage.

1 Like

Thatā€™s actually intended, since if there are too many widgets on the screen (especially for phone screens), it needs to scroll. I realize it would be best for wall-tablets to fully utilize screen space, so there might some other solution for that at later stage.

I actually plan to run the client on a couple of phones (5" - 7") standing in landscape mode next to our bed. Would be nice to use it as clock and at the same time have instant access to the ~8 most commonly used openHAB actions. So even for phone screens a full screen utilization option would be appreciated :smile:

7" phones?? I have tablets smaller than that :smile:

I would imagine the ā€œfull screen useā€ mode would depend on some config, rather than screen size, so it should not be an issue.

Version 0.2.16
Release Notes

This version has some breaking changes related to introduction of multiple widget sizes:

• {widget:weather-compact} replaced with {widget:weather,size:1x1}
  • {widget:weather-vertical} replaced with {widget:weather,size:1x2}
  • {widget:weather-simple-vertical} replaced with {widget:weather-simple,size:1x2}
  • {widget:music-compact} replaced with {widget:music,size:2x1}

New stuff
Support for multiple widget sizes for selected widgets (see Widget Sizes for more information) and Clock Square widget

Version 0.2.17
Release Notes

Couple of bug fixes in Light Color picker:

Can someone please write an example of how to use the mode widget to make a ā€œGoodnightā€ button that triggers a rule? I feel a bit lost hereā€¦

How do you track your phone location for the google maps widgets?

Iā€™m not sure I totally understand the problem, but let me try to share similar to what I have.
Btw, with mode widget you would need to have at least two states right?
Then something like this in addition to a rule triggering on Goodnight?

Frame label="{widget:mode}" {
  Selection item=Mode mappings=[
    awake="Awake",
    night="Goodnight"
  ]
}