HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

@igor,
Thanks for explaining. I read about the outlet widget but did not think of the socket icon being replaced therefore.
An icon list would be great.

Best
Hans-Jörg

@igor,

Using your Sonos example for media controls, I’ve remapped this to control my Onkyo receiver like so in my sitemap:

Frame label=“{widget:music,size=fillx2}” {
Text item=onkyoNETTitle label=“{item:track}”
Text item=onkyoNETAlbum label=“{item:album}”
Text item=onkyoNETArtist label=“{item:artist}”
//Text item=Sonos_Cover label=“{item:cover}”
Switch item=onkyoNETPlay label=“{item:play-pause}”
Switch item=onkyoNETTrackUp label=“{item:skip-next}”
Switch item=onkyoNETTrackDown label=“{item:skip-previous}”
Setpoint item=onkyoVolume label=“{item:volume}”
Switch item=onkyoMute label=“{item:mute}”
}

This mostly works well, accept the ‘skip-next’ works intermittently in Rotini whereas in HABDroid the same switch works reliably. Guessing it has something to do with the states being refreshed in the Rotini app, but not sure. After using it once in Rotini, the only way to get the skip-next button working again is to change or reload the sitemap.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for everything!

@d0t What is your item config for onkyoNETPlay, onkyoNETTrackUp and onkyoNETTrackDown items?

@igor

Here you are (these are the same as the Onkyo Binding’s wiki examples.)

Switch onkyoNETPlay “Play” { onkyo=“ON:hometheater:NETUSB_OP_PLAY”, autoupdate=“false”}
Switch onkyoNETPause “Pause” { onkyo=“ON:hometheater:NETUSB_OP_PAUSE”, autoupdate=“false”}
Switch onkyoNETTrackUp “Track Up” { onkyo=“ON:hometheater:NETUSB_OP_TRACKUP”, autoupdate=“false”}
Switch onkyoNETTrackDown “Track Down” { onkyo=“ON:hometheater:NETUSB_OP_TRACKDWN”, autoupdate=“false”}

While using it more, I noticed that the ‘onkyoNETTitle’ is slower to refresh than the rest. The onkyoNETAlbum/onkyoNETArtist stay in sync with whats playing but the text item onkyoNETTitle displays the LAST track, until some sort of action takes place (orientation change/sitemap or screen refresh).

All the best,

@d0t okay, so next/prev button is a confirmed bug.
I’m not sure about title text though, since it is the same text as artis/album. Does server refreshes all at the same time?

I will test this all further in the next few days against many media sources on my Onkyo 838 receiver and let you know the outcome. Wondering if the DLNA or other NET players have different behavior when compared to Pandora.

Regarding the server refreshes, I am guessing YES as HABDroid grabs them all at the same time and always stays in-sync with whats playing at the moment… Will dig into this deeper in the request logs as well to confirm.

Thanks for your time & energy here, Igor!

@igor
I have a similar issue using the media widget for squeezebox binding items.
The track title refreshes correctly but neither album not artist is working correctly.
Cheers :slight_smile:

@marklavercombe so it is the opposite of what @d0t has :slight_smile:

Indeed. I suspect at this point that the client (app) side code is not refreshing/polling the items as needed. Will confirm on my end by introspecting the request log, ASAP!

Client actually relies on server push, not polling, so I don’t see why would some items on the same page not update… interesting

@igor

Yes, exactly the opposite to what happens for @d0t ! :smile:

I’m currently doing some modifications to weather widget, so some parts are missing. Eventually, weather binding commonId will be used for condition item.

Mode widget is intended to have an icon or external image (person profile or something) instead of the label.
Icons are limited right now, but will be expanded soon.

I experienced the “not updating” issue in the dimmer widget. Widget initially showes 0%. Then changed the value via widget pop-up to 80% . After closing the widget pop-up the main button still shows 0% while OH Web gui already displays 80%.
When then changing sitemaps back and forth this seems to force a refresh as the value is updated to 80% after visiting the dimmer again when coming from another sitemap.

Did it happen on the latest version?

Hi @igor and thank you for the accept on my request to join the g+ group. I was just wondering if I maybe jumped the gun a little here as I’m running OH2 due to limitations in 1.X for me. When are you planning on adding OH2 support, would that be when the beta comes out or even later than that?

Thanks for what looks to be a great new UI even though I can’t currently test it :smile:

Hey @igor,
indeed, I recognized this in one of the older version. I can confirm that the latest version updates properly for dimmer widget. Sorry for the noise.

@tobo OH2 support would be available some time (at least few weeks) after beta release. I decided not to spend time on alpha support, so I would re-prioritize it after beta release. I realize that a lot of people have OH2 at least as a testing system, so it would be important to support it.

Thanks for the quick reply @igor, I realize that there are always scope considerations when developing stuff like this so I’ll just sit back and wait for now and await the OH2 beta and then your UI to follow.

Version 0.1.15
Improvement in reporting on invalid widget configurations: showing default widget with an error when widget type could not be determined, as well as more details about configuration problems for all widgets

Created github project for wiki, discussion and bug reports (thanks @waitz_sebastian for the idea).
Please post bugs reports over there. I’m still working to moving config examples to wiki.