HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

They all have labels, although two had the same label, one of which was the Rotini one. I just changed that but it had no effect.

Here is the Rotini sitemap;

sitemap multi-page label="Rotini"
{
  Text label="Living Room" {
    Frame label="{widget:clock}"
    Frame label="Living Room {widget:temperature}" {
      Text item=Sensor_LivingTemp
    }
  }
  Text label="Outside" {
    Frame label="Outside {widget:weather}" {
      Text label="{item:condition} [cloudy-partly]"
      Text item=Weather_TodayText label="{item:condition-summary}"
      Text item=Weather_TempOut label="{item:temperature}"
      Text item=Weather_TodayMax label="{item:temperature-high}"
      Text item=Weather_TodayMin label="{item:temperature-low}"
      Text item=Weather_HumidityOut label="{item:humidity}"
    }
  }
}

BINGO!! The issue was the sitemap name multi-page which I copied from your example I think - perhaps I misread? After changing that to rotini the sitemaps loaded and I am in business!!

Looks great BTW - really awesome work Igor!!

@igor - do you want us to log bug/requests on this thread or do you have some sort of bug tracker setup?

I have flood sensors setup against Switch items, but it seems your water-sensor widget is written for Contact items only. Is it easy enough to add support for different item types for these widgets?

I am also seeing the bottom of the door widget being cut off on my HTC M7. The text that says ā€˜OPENā€™ or ā€˜CLOSEDā€™ is cut off as the widget is not quite high enough.

I can see me spending hours tinkering with this - the UI is very fluid and smooth - great work!

I think (-) in the name screws up the server response, so it loses the label. But great that you got it working.
Enjoy!

Here or on G+ is cool, no tracker yet

Will check on that, but Iā€™m curious why did you do it on a Switch, are there any benefits?

Can you post a screenshot?

I think it was one of the first things I setup a LONG time ago. Probably didnā€™t really understand the difference to be honest. I now have rules and logging around these items so would prefer not to change, but it might be a good reason to do so I guess?

Screenshot belowā€¦

There are other bindings that update only Switch items when a reasonable alternative could have been Contact items, so there are cases where it would be difficult or at least very tedious/messy to change Switch items to Contact items in order to accommodate a UI. It would be great to have flexibility in the UI instead!

Version 0.1 (13)
Contact sensor widget has been renamed to Binary sensor widget.
All binary sensor widgets (binary, motion, door, window, water) now allow both switch and contact item types.

Lots of bug fixes.

great work man !!

I made a request, then rejected it made a new request and this three times. But still no invitation to the google+ group.

Version 0.1 (14)
Support for humidity and air quality items in Temperature widget.
Support for sitemaps with only widgets and no subpages (tabs)

Fix for Temperature widget incorrectly displaying temperatures below 0

Examples for Temperature widget

Frame label="Temperature {widget:temperature}" {
    Text item=Bedroom_Temperature label="{item:temperature}"
    Text item=Bedroom_Humidity label="{item:humidity}"
    Text item=Bedroom_CO2 label="{item:air-quality}"
}
Frame label="Temperature {widget:temperature}" {
    Text item=Bedroom_Temperature label="{item:temperature}"
    Text item=Bedroom_Humidity label="{item:humidity}"
}
Frame label="Bedroom {widget:temperature}" {
    Text item=Sensor_Temperature_Bedroom
}

Wonderful app, Igor! This is a game changer for the overall OpenHAB UX. I will contribute however possible.

All the best,

Thanks @d0t. Iā€™m glad you like the app. Enjoy!

Just spent a few hours fleshing out the sitemap for Rotini, it is really starting to look very good! This is pretty awesome, fantastic work Igor!! Looking forward to the new widgets you no-doubt have planned!!

@Igor, just updated to your latest version and reconed, that it is not showing the socket icons any more.
Is this by intention or a bug ?

Best
Hans-Jƶrg

Thanks @ben_jones12. More stuff is definitely coming in the future.

@hmerk, it still works for me. What is the widget config you have?

How do you change the icon of the weather widget? What is supported? The example now just has [cloudy-partly]. Do you have an example for a map transform for this?

The mode widget also doesnā€™t seem to display the label.

Thank you

@igor,
Here is an example of my switch widgets not showing the corect icon :
Frame label=ā€œBrother MFC {widget:switch}ā€ icon=ā€œsocketā€ {
Switch item=Brother
}
Best
Hans-Jƶrg

@hmerk I see, socket icon has been renamed to outlet (I didnā€™t think anyone using it yet with original name). I will publish icon list a bit later.
Also, there is an ā€œoutletā€ widget now, so you can use that instead of the switch, you donā€™t need to specify icon at all then.